Page 122 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1301
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    The official announcements on the A6200 and A6700 should be coming before the end of the month. I assume they know your pro work, gear reviews included, and will not bother you with the minutiae.

FX-9, if that's indeed the name, may or may not be revealed separately. According to rumors, it's coming. If the presser coincides with IBC (September 13-17, Amsterdam), then it could be it.

Of course, if the Sony hors d'œuvres are good, then bring the whole family and a doggy bag.

I wish, pressers are now conference calls or Zoom calls, no good food or booze.
    Especially these pre-IBC shindigs. Thats the challenge, they don't tell you what the pressers are about, just you are invited.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    Reminds me of the original VideoMic, which I owned and never liked... but WOW, $23, can't really complain with that price!
    I wound up with a Rode VMP basically new for $90 from CL. I felt like I needed the 20db gain option and I did to bypass the XT3's noisy preamps. Seems like the VMP is susceptible to RF interference though. I'm assuming this is the unbalanced cable?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I wish, pressers are now conference calls or Zoom calls, no good food or booze.
    Especially these pre-IBC shindigs. Thats the challenge, they don't tell you what the pressers are about, just you are invited.
    So, the rumors are about the August, 29 presser - A6200, A6700 and ... a mystery cam. I say it's unlikely to be A9 MKII or A7SIII and far more likely to be FX-9.

But A6700 is supposed to have top specs too.

PS. Fuji has a new 15-80 F4 lens listed at your popular retailers.

4. Collapse Details
    Now back to our regularly scheduled Fujifilm XT-3 programming, have any of you who own and shoot with the XT-3 noticed the AF focusing "twitch"? Twitch is the only way I can describe it, the focus, using AF-C with the focusing box perfectly centered on a well lit and composed talent, it just seems to hunt with tiny, almost, but not impercetible
    hunting. It doesn't always do it or it's not always visible in all situations but shot interviews from the gimbal yesterday, looking at interviews today full screen on my 27" iMac and I see it. Anyone tweaked or really played with the focus response settings? This is with the 3.0 firmware update and I don't recall seeing this artifact with the old firmware.

I'm supposed to be meeting with Fuji USA soon so I will probably bring my XT-3 to see what they say but wondering if any of you owners have seen this in your XT-3? The interviews I shot were from gimbal using the XF16mm f/1.4 WR running at about f/3.3-3.5 in very bright sunlight at the beach (with a B&W MRC ND6 at ISO 640), no shadows or radical movement of camera or subject, just some slight shifting around as we shot as I was holding gimbal and talent was standing. I have only arbitrarily played with the AF response settings, I suppose I need to sit down with my focus charts and light them and really map out if adjusting any of the AF parameters makes this better or worse. I actually notice it more on the slightly OOF BGs than
    on the subject? I need to try this with my XF 18-55mm as well to see if this could be a lens issue too. Ideas? Experiences with this?
    Last edited by puredrifting; 08-27-2019 at 07:42 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes I've noticed AF micro-hunting when using AF-C area or face/eye detection.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    This is with the 3.0 firmware update and I don't recall seeing this artifact with the old firmware.
    There are dozens of complaints and videos about this.

FW 3.0 appears to have [ironically] ruined the AF on the system.

7. Collapse Details
    I've noticed this. On my 18-55... For some reason it happens more on objects like cellphones, but that may be the computer being fooled by the reflections on the cellphone glass...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    I've noticed this. On my 18-55... For some reason it happens more on objects like cellphones, but that may be the computer being fooled by the reflections on the cellphone glass...
    I don't think that's it, mine does it on any subject, talent, objects. I may have to get better at manual focusing unless they fix it. My goal is to buy the MKX lenses for my XT-3, then I won't have to deal with this! ;-)
    I'm going to meet with Fuji sometime soon and I am going to bring this up by showing them and asking them to fix it. I just met (totally by accident, on a shoot) a Fuji territory rep and he was super cool, wants to hook me up with the engineers
    and video manager. He is a stills guy so he wants to hook me up with the video brains as he doesn't really know video shooting and what we need.

It wasn't my imagination, the 3.0 was supposed to improve the AF performance and it actually made it worse. I don't even care if face/eye detect works, just make my AF-C work!

9. Collapse Details
    Is it possible to reinstall previous firmware versions?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Is it possible to reinstall previous firmware versions?
    Not sure, why don't you and I go through the notes from the Firmware 3.0 update and see if it says anywhere about downgrading in all of that copy? If we can, I'm doing it. I'll report back here, you do too, let's see if we can.
    I'll post on the Fuji FB boards too to see if anyone's done that?

Page 122 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast