Page 146 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1526
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    I had a positive tech support experience with Fuji when I called them about the AF problem a few months back, too... but ultimately they've done nothing about the problem and they've had 6 plus months to resolve the issue. Sold my Fuji and moved on...
    Well, you haven't moved too far if you're still checking this thread

I agree 6 months to fix a big issue is a problem, and underlines one of the glaring issues with combined stills/video image makers -- wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a result of a tweak made by the photo guys, unnoticed by the video guys, and now they're probably scratching their heads to figure out how to get the video performance back without compromising the stills.

Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    I find the AF issue very interesting, if only for the fact that so many people are evidently relying on the AF abilities of the cameras for their paid work. I had no idea so many people were shooting primarily with autofocus.
    AF on stationary/slider/gimbal cams is pretty much one of the only times I consider the use of the word "gamechanger" appropriate. Whole new ballgame, especially for smaller teams/individuals.

2. Collapse Details
    I just finished shooting on a gimbal and the face tracking worked great. I'm not experiencing these AF issues I'm reading about here. Used the 18-55 kit lens at f4.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    I just finished shooting on a gimbal and the face tracking worked great. I'm not experiencing these AF issues I'm reading about here. Used the 18-55 kit lens at f4.

With which firmware?
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    With which firmware?
    I updated to Ver.3.01 a couple of weeks ago. I didn't do any extream tests but it all seems to work with the limited lenses I have. I want to get the new 16-80 f4 but this AF issue had me spooked. I really need that lens!

5. Collapse Details
    Erik, when you get a chance, shoot a sit down interview on tripod with it and see if you see any focus twitching. It's not nearly as noticeable when the camera or talent is moving, although once you know what to look for, you'll see it.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    I updated to Ver.3.01 a couple of weeks ago. I didn't do any extream tests but it all seems to work with the limited lenses I have.
    Erik, I'd like to see some tests from XT-3, with recent firmware. As Puredrifting says there are a lot of problems with the camera that stopped me to buy it, if the problems are with some lenses and the autofocus works with the majority of them I'd like to know. Thanks! :-)
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

7. Collapse Details
    Fujifilm to release firmware update for the FUJIFILM X-T3

Enabling video shooting control from Gimbal / Drone and offering other feature enhancements

November 13, 2019
    FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) plans to release a series of firmware updates for the FUJIFILM X-T3 (hereinafter “X-T3”), starting in mid-December 2019. The updates reflect requests of additional features and operability improvement, received from users of the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras.

The upcoming update will enable controls for video recording from Gimbal / Drone via USB communications. You can combine the X-T3 with a Gimbal / Drone that supports this function to significantly broaden your shooting options. FUJIFILM is in communication with SZ DJI Technology Col, Ltd.* and ZHIYUN** (listed in the alphabetical order) about their plan to release compatible products. Fujifilm also plans to deploy this function to the FUJIFILM X-T30 and other models. Further firmware updates in the future will bring autofocus enhancement and other improvements to the X-T3.

Main features:

■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in December 2019
    Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3(Ver. 3.10)

Gimbal / Drone support***

This firmware adds the following function to complement the current support for still image shooting via USB communications:

Starting and ending video recording
    Adjusting exposure settings (exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for video recording
    Making manual focus adjustments
    ■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in January 2020
    Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3(Ver. 3.20)

1. Enhanced autofocus

Improving the tracking performance of the eye AF frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus on the eyes
    Improving face-detection performance when there are faces of different sizes within the same frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus
    Improving autofocus capability on a foreground subject even when there is a mixture of foreground and background subjects within a frame, causing the foreground subject to go out of focus, e.g. when shooting flowers against a busy background
    2. Capability to save up to 9,999 pictures in each folder

Until now, the number of pictures that can be saved in a folder on an SD card was limited to 999. This update will raise the limit by ten times to 9,999 pictures.
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Damn, we have to wait until January 2020 to get our AF fixed? Oh well, at least we have a date, have to live with this limitation for another three months. The gimbal/drone control means nothing to me, being able to shoot without AF hunting means everything.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Damn, we have to wait until January 2020 to get our AF fixed? Oh well, at least we have a date, have to live with this limitation for another three months. The gimbal/drone control means nothing to me, being able to shoot without AF hunting means everything.
    If the gimbal updates allow for the manual focus control that I've experienced in the stills mode connected to the Ronin-S, then that will be a bit of game-changer for me. The face tracking is nice to have, but there's so many shots that autofocus simply isn't viable for, and being able to simply plug the camera in (rather than having to rig/power external focus motors) will make it so much more useful.

10. Collapse Details
    "FUJIFILM is in communication with SZ DJI Technology Col, Ltd.* and ZHIYUN** (listed in the alphabetical order) "
    --
    Let no one be triggered!

Page 146 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast