Page 132 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1381
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    I used the AF on the X-T3 for the first time yesterday on a paid shoot and was really impressed. I had the 50-140mm wide-open at f/2.8, at 140mm, and it nailed a 6m walk up perfectly (along with several other shots done at around 40-50mm on the 16-50mm f/2.8
    Have you looked VERY closely at the footage. On a big screen?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sgttom View Post
    Really? I've heard good things about the Fringer AF wise. I was about to purchase one used
    It is inconsistent, depending on the lenses used. On my EF S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM IS, once I zoom past about 70mm focal length, the adapter becomes "confused" and defocuses the lens way into macro and it will not come back into focus. I have to turn off AF, manually focus the lens, then turn on the AF. Same behavior with the EF 24-105mm f/4.0 IS II so neither of my mid range zooms are especially useful with it. The EF S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM and EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II don't do this on zooming. The Fringer Pro is so so in my experience. My first copy was defective, sent it back and exchanged it for this one and with this one, the performance in general has been inconsistent. Some situations, its fine, others it's a hot mess.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 09-18-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    Just so I'm clear, the 3.0 AF hunting is making your video life a drag, not your still life, right? Or is it affecting stills, too? Or do you just not use the X-T3 for still much or at all?

Jim "fingers crossed, too" Feeley
    Focus hunting doesn't affect the stills because the lens will find still focus and you snap your shot. This is a continuous focus AF defect.

FWIW, I rarely shoot stills with my XT-3 as I usually have it on gimbal set up for shooting video and swtiching to stills mode means I don't need the NDs I probably have on the lens for shooting video. When I need stills, I am often still bringing along my 80D. The whole idea of a hybrid camera, to me, is a crock. Shooting motion and then shooting stills are two different things. Yes, you switch a hybrid over from stills to video or vice versa but no hybrid I've seen makes it effortless to instantly switch between still and video mode without messing up your settings in one or the other. I used to do that when shooting video with my 5D MKII, you could just snap off stills as the video was recording, but the super slow shutter usually meant a blurred mess.

As long as we are mostly shooting 23.98 video with a 180 degree shutter, switching to stills mode without the ability to instanty change shutter speed, metering, aperture, ISO and memory setting super fast means that you are usually stuck either shooting stills until you switch to video or vice versa.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ade4all View Post
    New 23mm f/1.4, 33mm f/1.4 & 56mm f/1.4 prime lenses coming in December from Viltrox. All priced at $250. They should be good value, their 85mm 1.8 which is already out has had favourable reviews

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/n...a6000-shooters
    I was planning to get the Fringer and adapt the Sigma 18-35 and 50-100, but the value of these lenses are so good I'll probably just buy all three.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Have you looked VERY closely at the footage. On a big screen?
    In 4k, on my 32" monitor, looks perfect. It does seem to be really important to dial in your custom AF settings to slow things down for video though. That definitely helps stop it from hunting so much.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    In 4k, on my 32" monitor, looks perfect. It does seem to be really important to dial in your custom AF settings to slow things down for video though. That definitely helps stop it from hunting so much.
    Which firmware version is your camera running?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Which firmware version is your camera running?
    V3.0

8. Collapse Details
    I'm glad it worked out for you. I don't think it's a settings issue, though. Too many users are having the hunting problems...

9. Collapse Details
    It's definitely not a settings issue. There's a rare chance it may be perfect for a few seconds, but I'd like to evaluate the footage to see if there is some minor micro pulsing that's usually not seen by people who may not have too much AF experience and/or do not necessarily know what to look for.

Not saying that's the case here, but just curious and hopeful to see it work well if someone says it does.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    It's definitely not a settings issue. There's a rare chance it may be perfect for a few seconds, but I'd like to evaluate the footage to see if there is some minor micro pulsing that's usually not seen by people who may not have too much AF experience and/or do not necessarily know what to look for.

Not saying that's the case here, but just curious and hopeful to see it work well if someone says it does.
    I find it depends on context and BG. If I am shooting gimbal and running around following a moving subject, I barely notice it. But get them to stand still to shoot an interview or shoot a talent with my motion control rig and you really see it all over the place. It almost ruined a big thing I was shooting for Netflix. Thankfully our A camera was the C200 on sticks so the editor used that mostly but I looked at all of the footage and if I would have been editing it, it would have frustrated the hell out of me as a lot of good emotional moments where the talent was telling a story where I would have wanted to cut back and forth between the two cameras were ruined by the focus pulsing.

Page 132 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136 ... LastLast