Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Meant to follow up 10 minutes after the post above that the T3 actually shoots up to 20fps via electronic shutter (if that would work).
    30fps in 1.25x sports finder mode (also drops to 12bit RAW).

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have two extra 256GB Sandisk Extreme Pros around from our C200, guess I'll try those first to see what happens. Those Sonys aren't a bad deal either at $90.00 ea. but only for 128GB
    Same with H.265, sounds like it may or may not work well with FCP. I'll sometimes want to match the X-T3 F-Log with C200 CRL so I'll have to run some tests to see what gets me into the same neightborhood color-wise.

Looking forward to learning this new camera and going to town shooting with it. Even from looking at not that skilled of a shooter using it on the YouTube videos, I can tell that the footage looks great so with good lighting and composition skills,
    I think I will be able to make the X-T3 sing. I continue to be impressed and amazed at the footage from a $1,500.00 camera like this, we live in amazing times.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Dan (and everyone),

I'll be interested to hear what battery life you get in the real world.

And will (or have) any of you tried out the battery handgrip that lets you slide in two more batteries?
    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...ases/#handgrip

And finally, I hear (but haven't been listening too widely) that --currently-- there aren't any consistently reliable third-party batteries for the X-T3 and that the Fujifilm-branded LiIon batteries are the way to go. Does that sound right?

Damn interesting camera...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

4. Collapse Details
    Dan, keep us posted if you attempt editing the H.265 in DaVinci Resolve (with your 2017 iMac) I have a similar 2017 iMac setup.......Thanks!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    Dan (and everyone),

And finally, I hear (but haven't been listening too widely) that --currently-- there aren't any consistently reliable third-party batteries for the X-T3 and that the Fujifilm-branded LiIon batteries are the way to go. Does that sound right?

Damn interesting camera...
    This is true.

The only way to get "boost" mode in the XT-3 is to use the 126s OEM batteries.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    If you can afford a powerbank in your setup, Fuji recommends these and they appear to be extend battery life quite significantly http://digital-cameras.support.fujif...d/20151/p/8453 (I haven't used)

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    This is true.

The only way to get "boost" mode in the XT-3 is to use the 126s OEM batteries.
    I've been using the Watson batteries from B&H for the last few weeks and they work in Boost mode. Battery life seems as good as the OEM based on the limited time I have had them. Using them both in the camera and in the power grip. Work fine in both. Battery life whether OEM or not plummets when using an external recorder.

Wooden camera sells a power adapter with the power converter in an inline box. Haven't got it yet but planning to get one to use with an A/B battery belt.

https://woodencamera.com/products/d-...film-x-h1-x-t2

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Same with H.265, sounds like it may or may not work well with FCP. I'll sometimes want to match the X-T3 F-Log with C200 CRL
    You have to either Optimize or Proxy the H.265. Impossibly laggy native playback. I'd rather do Proxy, but FCP X has an all or nothing approach to Proxies. Clips like XF-AVC from my C200 I don't need Proxies for, but if I want Proxies for the X-T3 or Sony footage, it shows up as Media Missing unless I make Proxies of everything. If you're doing CRL, you might want Proxies anyways, although I find I can actually playback CRL files realtime.

I will be curious how you find the matching. As I have a C200 and don't own an XT-3 yet, but have only worked with the footage.

9. Collapse Details
    BTW, as far as matching cameras, I have found 3d lut creator to work well.

https://youtu.be/6er_PI8XqvI
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425