Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Is anyone making a Canon EF to X-mount FULLY functional adapter that includes aperture adjustment, IS and AF? Hello Metabones?
    Seems like there are many of us who would dig fully utilizing great Canon lenses like the 70-200 2.8 IS II or III on the X-T3 and its cousins?
    Check out https://www.fringeradapter.com

Mine arrived yesterday and I put the Canon 10-22 on the X-T3 with it and did some quick stills tests. Focus and speed are good, and it's got an aperture adjustment ring as well. There are a number of positive reviews on youtube so I didn't feel like it was too big a gamble.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    If you sell some other gear, or just hit the lotto, forget the adapters and get the beautiful 50-140mm they have.

P.S. Just saw you really love the Canon.
    From a practical standpoint, I need to keep the 70-200 2.8 IS II to use on my C200 so I would rather utilize it over buying another Fuji tele zoom that could only be used on the X-T3. The plan is to buy the X-T3 with the kit 18-55, then buy either the 10-24 F4 or the 16mm F1.4 for gimbal. Use the 70-200 2.8 IS II on the Fuji for the occasional tele shot although I would probably still being the C200 on most stock shoots.

I am mainly buying the X-T3 as a gimbal camera and as a stock footage shooting rig although my production partner and I discussed finishing the rest of our second documentary we have been in production on with a pair of the X-T3s. We will hopefully be doing a 3 week road trip shoot all over the country and the idea of hauling around a backpack with the X-T3 and a gimbal beats lugging the C200, Sachtler, big lenses, etc. It will be largely interviews with various craft distillers all over the country so small and light, unobtrusive, easy on a gimbal, ability to shoot some good PR stills too is becoming VERY appealing. From what I see, the X-T3 would be leagues easier for this type of informal, fast and flexible shooting. Thinking about the SD MixPre 3 for sound, it will sync with the X-T3 HDMI output so even though dual system sound is a PITA, it is bearable for interviews, then wireless and on camera Røde for b-roll and gimbal.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 12-05-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Check out https://www.fringeradapter.com

Mine arrived yesterday and I put the Canon 10-22 on the X-T3 with it and did some quick stills tests. Focus and speed are good, and it's got an aperture adjustment ring as well. There are a number of positive reviews on youtube so I didn't feel like it was too big a gamble.
    Ahh, good to know. Fringer, huh? Pretty funny name. Let us know how it continues to work with other Canon lenses as you try them.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    Which gimbal Dan?
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

5. Collapse Details
    IMG_3673.jpg

I just got one. It works pretty well so far. A little more wiggle on both ends of the adapter than I like but I have more lens options now with IS.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Does it report the lens data back to the camera, things like focal length, iris, etc.?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Does it report the lens data back to the camera, things like focal length, iris, etc.?
    Yes -- complete lens name with serial number, focal length and aperture all in EXIF data.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Should've gotten the Kipon 0.7x EF-FX Speedbooster 24-70 f/2.0 there you go

https://www.adorama.com/kabefjxcefaf.html

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinhello View Post
    Should've gotten the Kipon 0.7x EF-FX Speedbooster 24-70 f/2.0 there you go

https://www.adorama.com/kabefjxcefaf.html
    Kipon? No thanks. The comments on it say stay away unless you want to degrade the image of this fine camera.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Waiting on the HLG update this month. 1000 native ISO in HLG could mean a good option for higher ISO shooting. Will be interesting if it also offers increased dynamic range like it did in the GH5S.

The Fringer adapter definitely seems to be the best one in terms of auto focus and IS. The auto focus didn't seem smooth enough for focus change while recording in the tests I've seen. However I have heard it depends on the lens being used.

I am hoping Lens Turbo will do a minolta to Fuji adapter. I have a nice set of Minolta lenses I'd like to use with my XT3 in full frame view.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast