Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Manning View Post
    The film I shoot is usually put through the shutter of a Contax T3...the best compact I've ever used. The 35mm f2.8 lens is sharper than most 35mm prime lenses. It won't compete with a digital sensor on technical merit, but it's a fun, elegant way to burn through film. I mail it off to California, and get a cd and the negatives back. I can re-scan keepers at hi res here at home. There is a certain magic to b&w film and contact sheets.
    I heard great things about the Contax T3 (also expensive). I couldn't agree with you more about the "magic" when shooting with film.

2. Collapse Details
    I would love to get myself one of these one day Fuji GX617

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Manning View Post
    The film I shoot is usually put through the shutter of a Contax T3...the best compact I've ever used..
    Im saying this in case anyone is considering a purchase. - I did not get good value from my contax T2, nice camera but control button failed then lens stopped popping out - so much for a titanium case. Got more miles from my olympus trip which it was a snazzy upgrade for.

As a hitorical aside - I went 'as a guest' to a chums wedding in south africa in maybe 1998 - took only the T2, as I was a guest and travelling light. On arrival I was informed that I was the actually official photographer - did most of it with the T2 (and a borrowed Pentax for telephoto) and the pics are very very sharp - if digital is sharper it is not needed.
    Last edited by morgan_moore; 08-27-2018 at 03:22 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post

As a hitorical aside - I went 'as a guest' to a chums wedding in south africa in maybe 1998 - took only the T2, as I was a guest and travelling light. On arrival I was informed that I was the actually official photographer - did most of it with the T2 (and a borrowed Pentax for telephoto) and the pics are very very sharp - if digital is sharper it is not needed.
    Talk about pressure haha.

5. Collapse Details
    light leak could be from the shutter getting stuck or being slow.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

6. Collapse Details
    Making $$$ and fun to use

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by egproductions View Post
    light leak could be from the shutter getting stuck or being slow.
    There's actually two issues in this example. One is light leaks (seals are worn and light comes through the back cover. The other, lines going across was from me not putting enough pressure to hold the film at the inital wind so there was a slack. The lab said the film came out sorta bend and "folded" hence those marks. The light leaks are the flare looking ones.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Making $$$ and fun to use
    Awesome haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12