1. Collapse Details
    New editing system
    I am looking to possibly purchase a new computer for running AVID and ADOBE PREMIERE. The one I have has been great, but it's starting to show its age (especially with 4K projects). Here's what I currently have:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

I use AJA IO4K to monitor video and audio (and sometimes go to tape)

and Promise Pegasus Thunderbolt 2 drives.

I want to stay with MAC. Would I notice an improvement is I purchase a imac pro like this:

Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina 5K Display (Late 2017)

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W 8-Core
    32GB of DDR4 RAM | 1TB SSD
    AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64 (16GB HBM2)
    27" 5120 x 2880 IPS Retina 5K Display
    UHS-II SDXC Card Reader
    Thunderbolt 3 | USB 3.0

When I use an Adobe Product like Premiere Pro with my current system, to get clean renders, I have to use RENDER ENGINE IN SOFTWARE ONLY MODE. Would this imac pro fix that issue? Thanks!
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

2. Collapse Details
    I have a 10-core Vega 64 iMac Pro, and I use both Premiere CC and FCPX. I've also extensively tested a 12-core late 2013 D700 Mac Pro.

I've never noticed any rendering problems in Premiere using hardware rendering on the iMac Pro. There's a difference between rendering (in the timeline) vs encoding to an output file. The latest 2018 version of Premiere can use AMD's VCE (Video Coding Engine) for accelerated H.264 encoding, which is vastly faster than the 2013 Mac Pro which did not have Quick Sync and whose AMD GPU did not support this.

Although Premiere 2018 uses either Quick Sync (on i5/i7 systems) or AMD's VCE on the iMac Pro for *encoding*, unlike FCPX it does not use it for *decoding* or timeline playback operations. Thus if you are trying to edit 4k H264 without proxies, the iMac Pro might not be much faster. It will export to H.264 much faster. If the updated GPU or Adobe software layer for Metal or OCL are improved on that GPU, maybe you could use hardware rendering for the timeline.

Ultimately you will have to test it. It would be nice if you could bring a portable drive and test it at an Apple Store, but this would require installing Premiere, which may not be possible. This in turn forces us to purchase the machine for evaluation and testing. In such a scenario, I strongly suggest against getting a Mac computer from a place like B&H or Adorama, which do not accept returns on Mac computers. Make sure you get it from Apple or a retailer which allows returns without a restocking fee.