Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zengze View Post
    If used with internal recording - I'd choose Fuji X-T3. All the picture quality in Nikon Z6 can only be had using external recorder. But with external recorder this camera is beyond anything mirrorless, imo.
    From what I have seen of the Z6/Ninja combo, it's not blowing me away. Do you have good examples? Devin "Supertramp"s ad for Nikon actually turned me off the camera and it was shot in full 10 bit 4:2:2.

Film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGohH-Dxo2I

BTS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KlN-zwzAkc

2. Collapse Details
    Haven't seen that one. Ugly colors. We've done tests at our rental. Alexa as a reference. Made a few monitoring LUTs trying to mimic Alexa rec709 response. My experience was I could dial Z6 much closer to my liking compared to other mirrorless cameras, and usually we test all of them, if just for fun. Now Z6 is a camera I'd actually love to use for some solo run & gun projects, but there's one problem - delay over HDMI. 9 frames. Unusable. Approached Nikon, they promised to look into it. Let's hope for an update solving this. In fact I'd probably be able to shoot some side by side of Alexa and Z6. What would you like to see? I feel as if I'm promoting this camera, but it just doesn't get the praise it deserves. But I'm talking about external recording to get 10bit 4:2:2.

3. Collapse Details
    Haven't seen that one. Ugly colors. We've done tests at our rental. Alexa as a reference. Made a few monitoring LUTs trying to mimic Alexa rec709 response. My experience was I could dial Z6 much closer to my liking compared to other mirrorless cameras, and usually we test all of them, if just for fun. Now Z6 is a camera I'd actually love to use for some solo run & gun projects, but there's one problem - delay over HDMI. 9 frames. Unusable. Approached Nikon, they promised to look into it. Let's hope for an update solving this. In fact I'd probably be able to shoot some side by side of Alexa and Z6. What would you like to see? I feel as if I'm promoting this camera, but it just doesn't get the praise it deserves. But I'm talking about external recording to get 10bit 4:2:2.
    Trust me. I really wanted to like this camera. The idea of using old Nikkor glass is delightful to me. Buuuuut, that requires a Ninja V with no exception (for monitoring, output, recording space, et more) and even with that external, it's still not stellar from what I have seen. I would love to see some nicely lit and naturally lit talent and if you show me the Alexa to go with it so much the better.

Thanks!

-gl

4. Collapse Details
    Will try to shoot some side by side footage over the next week. Mixed lighting, etc. No promises though. I rigged it with Ninja V to retain compact form factor. With recent Tilta Nucleus offerings you can have everything included, and still retain it small and lightweight. 58378986_873403569677135_2568575762256887808_n.jpg58378986_873403569677135_2568575762256887808_n.jpg

5. Collapse Details
    Interesting rig.

Thanks in advance!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    Sam - two models of the SD PIX have both SDI/HDMI in & out (with conversion)... it's the cheaper H models with only HDMI
    I know that .. I meant any wire at all

7. Collapse Details
    delay over HDMI. 9 frames.
    Interesting - Ive felt that this nikon is excellent but somehow 'floppy and unresponsive to operate - I wondered if it was the IS smoothing moves.. maybe it is this delay

8. Collapse Details
    I would have suggested that the Teamsupertramp piece's color was a grading choice - toy/cartoon feel to match the campy, toy car content. How that look basically carries thru the BTS video as well, however, I cannot explain.

It's tough to imagine you cannot get nice colors and a nice grade out of the sensor with that output, but I do not like what I have seen from the 8-bit - crunchy, crushed blacks, over-sharpened - and for a hybrid camera, I don't want to be constrained to external recording only/always.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234