Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    I haven't read your whole thread so I may repeat a question asked previously....does Canon have an equivalent camera to lend you, to keep you shooting and your stress level at bay This is one of the reasons I abandoned the idea of a Kinefinity, and also why I use Panasonic cameras. This is after all a camera from Canon's Pro division....as your camera is under warranty, you should not be without a camera during this period as it hardly qualifies as routine periodic maintenance.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fboonzaier View Post
    I haven't read your whole thread so I may repeat a question asked previously....does Canon have an equivalent camera to lend you, to keep you shooting and your stress level at bay This is one of the reasons I abandoned the idea of a Kinefinity, and also why I use Panasonic cameras. This is after all a camera from Canon's Pro division....as your camera is under warranty, you should not be without a camera during this period as it hardly qualifies as routine periodic maintenance.
    I believe Canon Platinum and Cinema level CPS (Canon Professional Services) members are eligible for a loaner while their camera is being repaired. Below is a link to CPS.

cps.usa.canon.com

Enjoy.
    Last edited by nutmegger; 09-21-2018 at 08:07 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Update 09 21 18:
    Picked up the camera this morning from Canon Burbank. They installed a new backlight and PCB board in the touchschreen and replaced the fan, even though they couldn't get it to replicate the fan issue with days of testing on the bench. I shall report back how the camera behaves over the next round of shooting, I have two pretty big shoots next week, an interview with a researcher at his lab and a b-roll shoot of a technical team walking an attorney through some new technology.

I looked into CPS, I wasn't sure if it was worth the $300.00 but after this experience, I will probably buy it. Keep in mind, to qualify for CPS, you have to buy numerous Canon products, you can't just buy a camera and pay your money, you have to qualify under their points system so you need multiple lenses and or camera bodies to qualify for CPS membership. I have enough gear for Platinum but not enough for Cine level.
    Hopefully my C200 issues are behind me.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    If memory serves, the Cine level of CPS is not points based like the other levels, you just have to own one piece of gear designated "cine". And pay the $1,000 annual membership fee. Pretty damn expensive, if you ask me. I used to maintain a Gold CPS membership(I do qualify easily for both Platinum and Cine), because of all of my still lenses and bodies, but I've let it lapse recently. I just don't see the Cine CPS membership being a good value. Maybe IF it was half the cost. Maybe...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    If memory serves, the Cine level of CPS is not points based like the other levels, you just have to own one piece of gear designated "cine". And pay the $1,000 annual membership fee. Pretty damn expensive, if you ask me. I used to maintain a Gold CPS membership(I do qualify easily for both Platinum and Cine), because of all of my still lenses and bodies, but I've let it lapse recently. I just don't see the Cine CPS membership being a good value. Maybe IF it was half the cost. Maybe...
    That's kind of what I thought Run, it didn't seem like that great of a deal although the loaner would have been helpful. I noticed that one day expedited service specifically excludes Cine products so it appears that CPS is a great benefit for DSLR shooters but for us Cine owners, meh. And the C200 is not a Cine qualified product, only the C300 MKII or even the original C300 (sold mine). $1,000.00 is steep. $300.00 for the Platinum, I am debating.

6. Collapse Details
    pure...those conditions eventually took their toll. I know other cameras may have survived in the same environment during your career, but it's hit or miss, IMO. From my understanding (DVXuser), you used that camera a lot on the racing boats and that salty air is heavy. Maybe many C200s would be totally fine day after day, but eventually some would fail.
    Last edited by NorBro; 09-23-2018 at 02:20 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    pure...those conditions eventually took their toll. I know other cameras may have survived in the same environment during your career, but it's hit or miss, IMO. From my understanding (DVXuser), you used that camera a lot on the racing boats and that salty air is heavy. Maybe many C200s would be totally fine day after day, but eventually some would fail.
    We actually only had this camera on boats twice but I get your thought. We mainly used XF-405s and 400s on the boats but even so, the C200 on shore was still in a beach/saltwater environment, shooting interviews on the beach, etc. I am proud to say that out of the fifteen or so cameras we used (including Go Pros all of the way up to a RED Epic), we didn't lose one camera, my camera was the only casualty but it is repaired and will hopefully continue to function well. We thought we'd lose at least a few Go Pros and possibly an XF-405 overboard. The fact that we didn't is good news.

8. Collapse Details
    Update:

Have had the C200 back from Canon Repiar since 09/25 and have shot a lot with it. So far, so good. Did have one of our Sandisk Extreme 256GB SD cards go bad on a shoot the other day but that's just a media failure, didn't really have anything to do with the camera. More shoots this week, I'll report back on status.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Update:

Have had the C200 back from Canon Repiar since 09/25 and have shot a lot with it. So far, so good. Did have one of our Sandisk Extreme 256GB SD cards go bad on a shoot the other day but that's just a media failure, didn't really have anything to do with the camera. More shoots this week, I'll report back on status.
    Hope it never happens again, but if it does, I think you're owed a brand new camera.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678