1. Collapse Details
    Just a little help with SDI RAW, VFR with Atomos Shogun Inferno
    Hi all,

Have questions and hope to find the answers here. When the EVA1 is on SDI RAW at CROP 4k and shooting 50fps, my SDI output to the Atomos Shogun Inferno looks like it has a 709 on it. I could not see the log on the image on the Atomos. And I was recording on Prores LT.

Secondly, when we are on SDI Raw output to Atomos Shogun Inferno, when I ride the ISO, it doesn’t seem to change the look of it on the Shogun Inferno but rather on the camera itself. Only when the camera goes between 800 to 1000 iso on 800BASE iso, the exposure changes on the Atomos Shogun Inferno. Recording on Prores LT too. Any idea on what could be the issue here or settings I have missed out?

2. Collapse Details
    The Atomos, nor any monitor can display a Raw feed, it has to be converted to a YUV or RGB video signal, and the Shogun is applying a Rec709 LUT to display the Raw feed. Check your Shogun menus to see if yiu can change this to a Log type image.
    Cheers

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny16 View Post
    the Shogun is applying a Rec709 LUT to display the Raw feed.
    It won't be a LUT because LUTs are not capable of de-bayering raw.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quite, poor choice of terms, I was thinking more of it processing the Raw first, so it could be displayed with the required LUT.
    Cheers