Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    4 minutes per card was awesome!

Said no one ever...lol...na...I loved the HVX.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

2. Collapse Details
    i still have and love my hpx170. i half-assedly tried to sell the kit here briefly last week. but it got pulled down (i think maybe for too many posted photos or something?)
    it's still a totally viable b-roll camera. but its hard to believe how much sharper even an iphone 7+ is by comparison.

still. you can't beat:
    - no jello
    - servo zoom
    - built in XLR
    - built in ND
    - rock-solid recording media (though i don't miss the frequent card swaps and need for an assistant for long-form jobs)
    - that "look" no need to fart around with luts!
    - no overheating, recording time limits, or an external monitor just to judge FOCUS!, etc...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Cleaning up media lately.

A few very long-ago projects popped up in the review process with freshly transcoded DVCPROHD aplenty... kind of soft, a little underexposed, but so damned rich, natural, and ready to go, straight out of the cam. All this came from a package that was easy to handhold with that nice, zippy zoom when you needed to smash in or out.

Yeah, I didn't get to mess with shallow DOF unless at full tele, never futzed with changing a lens unless it was the ultrawide adapter, had to offload media more often than wives change minds, but... in some ways, some of that work was... free. A bit riskier. More creative, maybe, BECAUSE of the limited toolset.

Don't sit and remind me of the bad things, because they're already brewing up in my memory.... just a moment to remember the good times.
    Just doing the same thing. I sold mine years ago but I forgot how great my HVX looked. The pebble grain is perfect -- just like super 16mm and warm pleasing colors. What a great cam...

4. Collapse Details
    The HVX200 I used stopped working many years ago but I don't miss it. At the time it was pretty cool but modern cameras are just so much better to work with. As for IQ, yeah it looked great on occasion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12