Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Definitely makes sense, totally understand.

But how come the M50? I guess price?

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks NorBro...I don't know a great deal about the M50...so am open to suggestions...it really is price...when I consider some of these kids are not going to be the most reponsible/gifted in the world....3 of these with a lens is about $1000 AUD....3 x 80d's is about $1700 each with a lens...but if you think the 80D is really a much better option...maybe I'll rethink that and see what I can do...

it is all a trade off....more expensive cameras means less Rode mics or no drone etc! Thanks for your interest and advice..appreciate it.

3. Collapse Details
    It's definitely all a trade-off. The M50 will probably be fine for your purpose, but definitely consider some of those drawbacks I mentioned.

If I were teaching the class, I would keep it consistent and only buy a bunch of 80Ds OR SL2s.

If you were mixing DSLRs with maybe one or two of their fixed-lens prosumer cameras like the XA11 (not recommending, just saying) then I could see why, but I don't think there is too much of a difference feature-wise between the M50 and the 80D to have both.

It's only going to confuse them, which actually may be a good thing - depending on how far you'd like to push them - as it will force them to learn a different system.

But it just seems like purchasing APS-C cameras with some EF full-frame glass (there are many fantastic APS-C lenses available) and then a few mirrorless cameras with a different mount and their own native lenses is not the best management of your funds, but you seem to have your list ready-to-go so I don't want to create a headache for you, haha.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks NorBro..will definitely keep that mind...appreciate it. Can see the advantage of all 80d's....I was planning on generally just using those with the m50's witht he kit lens.

We also have one Canon XA 20 already...which is handy for external mics...but not so useful when photography comes into play.

Anyway am just getting final prices back and will do a juggle...an 80D body only does come back to a more affordable price nearer the m50's so might be the way to go.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234