Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    House1.jpgHouse2.jpg

Same deal, two grabs from a single clip about a second apart...lighting did not change, camera did. Again, I run a manual color temp...in my way of thinking this shouldn't be happening and it seems somewhat random because the clip prior and after the above was clean.

So...this has nothing to do with me "getting better" or "not having used more cameras" rather, it has everything to do with the camera I'm using, and the behavior of said camera. In my way of thinking manual is manual and the color temp should not be shifting within a consistent scene...so I'm going to go with something wonky with the camera and perhaps the next step is to contact Sony.

However, if there is anyone else out there who as experienced this issue...again, I'm all ears.

2. Collapse Details
    These screen shots came from the FS700 recording to a 7q, I did a dual record and the internal recording is also the same. I have my camera in preset...and then manually go into the preset menu and change the color temp. I just starting noticing this behavior a few months ago. I split my time shooting with an Fs7 and I have not seen the same behavior shooting the same type of content. It is also odd that some clips before or after are fine and I'm shooting the same thing...tells me something is wonky.

Or maybe its a setting, just not sure what over rides "manual"

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdyearff View Post
    So...this has nothing to do with me "getting better" or "not having used more cameras" rather, it has everything to do with the camera I'm using, and the behavior of said camera.
    I mentioned that as a possibility before you provided us with specific samples of what you're seeing. Usually the above is relevant in many situations, but not in this case as we now know more and see what you're seeing.

Just to be clear again...you're pressing record and then stopping and then pressing record again, correct? You're not attempting to white balance again?

It really looks like a malfunctioning system. If no one else chimes in and helps you, my final advice before sending it off would be to try a hard reset of the system if possible.

4. Collapse Details
    All those examples are from single clips...no starting and stopping. No trying to re white balance...I run the WB of the camera in preset and adjust the color temp manually within the preset menu. I rarely, if ever, use the A/B switch. So, I hit record and for some reason during the record the camera shifts color temps. Now granted, I may do a slight pan or tilt or push...but the lighting condition with in the scene doesn't change. The sun doesn't obviously come out, or disappear ect...the scene is consistent. So it's a head scratcher...and yes, I did a system reset a few weeks ago.

5. Collapse Details
    Other things to consider...

Which lens(es)? Any chromatic aberration correction (or other) going on inside the camera? Manual lenses? Any auto color matrix setting on? Auto gamma? Any other auto setting that's maybe not related? Gain? Shutter? Is the ND filter on? I myself would try to exhaust all options/all settings/all combinations.

It's a strange problem. Like if you point the camera at a building and it starts off a bit cool then it's a bit warm, and then you cut/record again and the next clip is just cool with no changes, etc. etc. it sounds like something internally is messed up.

Plus the fact that you didn't notice this months ago is another sign pointing to malfunctioning hardware unless any internal corrections (as mentioned above) are taking place and the corrections are inconsistent.
    Last edited by NorBro; 07-31-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Grammar

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    This is from the FS7 and FS700? If so...they are two different sensors that process the image differently.
    Supposeldy FS700, FS5, FS7, F5 all same sensor.

7. Collapse Details
    ha, I'd be surprised...so old. But don't doubt it; recycle the sensor, change some specs and processing.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Other things to consider...

Which lens(es)?

The examples shown are using two different lenses...Sony 18 - 110 & Sony G 70 - 200 f2.8 so it wouldn't seem to be a particular lens

Any chromatic aberration correction (or other) going on inside the camera?

Not that I'm aware of

Manual lenses?

I'm running my lenses manually.

Any auto color matrix setting on? Auto gamma? Any other auto setting that's maybe not related?

I'll have to really dig (deeper) into the menus and see what I can find.

Gain?

I'm shooting Slog2, 2000 iso

Shutter?

Basically no shutter...

Is the ND filter on?

Yes...1/4

I myself would try to exhaust all options/all settings/all combinations.

It's a strange problem. Like if you point the camera at a building and it starts off a bit cool then it's a bit warm, and then you cut/record again and the next clip is just cool with no changes, etc. etc. it sounds like something internally is messed up.

Yes...that is about what is happening

Plus the fact that you didn't notice this months ago is another sign pointing to malfunctioning hardware unless any internal corrections (as mentioned above) are taking place and the corrections are inconsistent.
    Yup...I'm going to keep digging. I'm shooting again Tomorrow and Fri. I'm going to use the 7 one day and the 700 the other so we'll see how it goes but once I travel to the location this evening i'll have another look at the menus and see what I can find.

Thanks for hanging in there with me on this!

9. Collapse Details
    Try with a regular picture profile and no ND filter and manual glass, etc.

And you said this wasn't happening a few months ago? Did anyone else use your camera at any time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12