Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I don't think it's possible without Lumetri, which came after CS5.

Hopefully someone will confirm for you.

You can use After Effects CS5 though (if possible/interested).

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadou View Post
    We recently used the 4k XAVC-I codec from Sony whick we used in slog3 with a 709 LUT as reference.
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you able to edit 4K XAVC-I in Premiere CS5?
    Last edited by Doug Jensen; 07-26-2018 at 06:08 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Guys, just answer his questions. It does not matter why he uses CS5. His question is about CS5.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    Guys, just answer his questions. It does not matter why he uses CS5. His question is about CS5.
    I disagree. It does matter.
    This is a forum where more than the OP are going to read the replies and get value from the advice given. It's too bad if someone doesn't like it when they don't get the precise answer they expected. Is he paying for this advice? No. So skimming through some replies he doesn't want to hear is the small price he pays for having fellow professionals take valuable time to try to help. Whether he finds value in the advice to upgrade his software or not is irrelavent because OTHER people may read the advice and realize how foolish it is to hang on to software that is 8 years out of date. There very fact that he started this thread proves the point.

I repeat my question . . . how is he able to edit 4K XAVC-I in Premiere CS5? If the answer is that he has to transcode, then it just further illustrates what a dumb business decision it is to hold onto old software. But maybe that is not the case, maybe he has some method of editing native 4K XAVC in CS5. If that is the case then I'd very much like to learn about it.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Doug since you don't know about Rovi Total Code, perhaps you should butt out of this discussion as you are clearly not qualified to give useful advice on this subject.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Doug since you don't know about Rovi Total Code, perhaps you should butt out of this discussion as you are clearly not qualified to give useful advice on this subject.
    Buying a $350 product to support something all modern NLE's already support.......okay!

It is clear some people just don't want to hear good advice.

7. Collapse Details
    Even though I'm personally always on the bleeding-edge, he actually had some very valid reasons for not upgrading. Makes perfect sense and would be a major PITA.

Some individuals edit their wedding movies in iMovie and make $100K plus...there's no correct formula for success and you do what's best for you.

The same applies to still using 10+ year HD cameras.

8. Collapse Details
    I just asked you a simple question. Is Rovi Total Code your answer?
    I don't know why anyone would bother to try to help someone with your attitude on this and other threads. Now I will be happy to butt out.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    firehawk gave you a great answer but all you see is the negative. Like firehawk said, LUT Buddy should work. I used it on Vegas back in the day. It's a free plugin and should run just fine on CS5. I don't think it's easy to find these days though, so that's on you. But here's a thread to get you started http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...-get-Lut-Buddy

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

10. Collapse Details
    If LB works, here are the download links for both, Mac and Windows:

https://support.redgiant.com/hc/en-u...-is-LUT-Buddy-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast