Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Also how to make it look like film?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    For $3K (maybe $6K in todayís $$$), you got a full solution camcorder with video that was beyond what TVís could really even display.

Fast forward to today.... ugh.... what is camera?

Iíd like something with ergonomics for video...

Um, sure, but i donít need that yet. Maybe an extra stop in the highlights, instead?

Well, it is nice, but what would be nicer is internal ND filters

4K!

Ok, sure, yes. Thank you. That is very cool. But i am noticing that this is actually just super sampled HD. Do you have anything that is actually...

4K!!!!!!ín

Oh, oh my. Nevermind. Hmm, maybe there is a bitrate that works well, something between 17mb and 500mb ?

4K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it. Hmm, well, could we at least have some 4K screens?

8K.
    Amen dude. The resolution chase is insane.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexderec View Post
    Also how to make it look like film?
    I dont really know what you are asking. Are you asking how to make the DVX look like film? If so, simple ground rules is shoot 24PA at 1/48th shutter speed. the cine matrix and either cine_d or cine_v are best gamma wise, unless you are on the first DVX100 then you are limited to just CineLike, which to me looked the best out of the three iterations of that camera model. The cool thing about DV is (IMHO) the image always looked the best if you got your near final image in the camera as the sensor was so damn small and the codec is very weak when it comes to even grades we do now on low end HD codecs, so, it is best to bake in as close as you can to your final look. I rarely ever treated my DV images back in the day and would do all that work in camera. You're not going to get insane amounts of Dynamic Range in Mini DV if you try to lift up the master ped and do a bunch of wonky crap so, use the stops available in the camera and accept the limitations of DV. I wouldnt say they are limitations per say, as I still enjoy the look of "filmic DV" but that's just me.

Man now I really want a DVX again... damn....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123