1. Collapse Details
    A7III & EOSHD Pro Color V4 | My experience
    (topic moved from different category)
    Hi,

as long time Sony user I often try different picture profiles and I like Sony's flexibility. I was thinking about EOSHD profiles for long time with my A7s, but I have read some mixed reviews so I have never bought it. After A7III purchase couple months ago I was looking for some new profiles. Recently I bought Reid's new profile for A7III since I have read some good reviews. After all it was not that expensive.

After "installation" I noticed that some colors are way off. Most of colors are really great, you need just little bit tweaking and you can get good skin tones but some colors are simply "changed". EOSHD Pro Color V4 has two profiles, one normal and one "hdr". HDR should give you more dynamic range.

x.jpg
    eoshd.jpg

So I posted question to Andrew's forum. His answer was "you don't know how to WB". Even though I posted that I have tried AWB, manually dial kelvins and grey card and he even write in pdf with instruction that profiles work with AWB. So I replied that I don't think that WB is causing this and if anyone else noticed same problem. Another member posted that he noticed some color shifts. Andrew's answer was deleting all posts about color changes. So I have decided not to act like a child and let it go and do some more test.

Last week we went to Slovenia for small road trip so I took my A7III and used EOSHD Pro Color V4 HDR for all footage. In the end I was very surprised, how good image looks after little bit of CC (exposure, gain, lift, saturation, contrast - nothing fancy). Even skin tones looks good. So, my conclusion is this profile is great for travel videos and for jobs where you don't have to be color accurate. Since I do a lot of videos about cars or clothing I will never use it for clients. But for my little projects I will use it often. Here you can see little example.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I purchased his canon log , at first it was amazing because it looked and seemed to be log. But then I used it some more and discovered a heavy clamp in the highlights that destroyed any grading potential. He’s a tinkerer at best and I recommend you put down the profile slowly, turn around , step slowly out of the room and then RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    (topic moved from different category)
    Hi,

as long time Sony user I often try different picture profiles and I like Sony's flexibility. I was thinking about EOSHD profiles for long time with my A7s, but I have read some mixed reviews so I have never bought it. After A7III purchase couple months ago I was looking for some new profiles. Recently I bought Reid's new profile for A7III since I have read some good reviews. After all it was not that expensive.

After "installation" I noticed that some colors are way off. Most of colors are really great, you need just little bit tweaking and you can get good skin tones but some colors are simply "changed". EOSHD Pro Color V4 has two profiles, one normal and one "hdr". HDR should give you more dynamic range.

x.jpg
    eoshd.jpg

So I posted question to Andrew's forum. His answer was "you don't know how to WB". Even though I posted that I have tried AWB, manually dial kelvins and grey card and he even write in pdf with instruction that profiles work with AWB. So I replied that I don't think that WB is causing this and if anyone else noticed same problem. Another member posted that he noticed some color shifts. Andrew's answer was deleting all posts about color changes. So I have decided not to act like a child and let it go and do some more test.

Last week we went to Slovenia for small road trip so I took my A7III and used EOSHD Pro Color V4 HDR for all footage. In the end I was very surprised, how good image looks after little bit of CC (exposure, gain, lift, saturation, contrast - nothing fancy). Even skin tones looks good. So, my conclusion is this profile is great for travel videos and for jobs where you don't have to be color accurate. Since I do a lot of videos about cars or clothing I will never use it for clients. But for my little projects I will use it often. Here you can see little example.

3. Collapse Details
    Don't worry, Andrew will release a more color accurate version in six months and charge you $50 for the upgrade. It sounds like he should have had beta testers before releasing it. I haven't shot with Andrew's profiles, but my impression from watching test clips is that sometimes the color looks good and sometimes it looks bad. The outdoor shots colors looked way better than indoor shots under artificial light in my opinion.