Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details
    Nothing really replaces the CCD motion, not even sure global shutter cmos looks as good. And the F35 tone curve straight off the bnc is straight fire. Why can’t every camera render like that? Not even the Alexa does it.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    5D raw is pretty awesome. Amazing what losing that compression does. Even the XT3 in 10bit, ot the 1DC in Mjpeg have just too much compression. The Red cameras in 12:1 compression begin to look like a dslr. But yeah, 5d raw. Maybe Nikon Z raw too. Depends on how small i guess. Is raw coning to the S1H as well? That has cooling fans, could give some peace of mind. I know the current color science looks a bit unique, but should be able to grade in at least.
    Have you tried matching 5D raw to F35? I had read ML had updated it to shoot 4k too? I might have to ask around.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SJX View Post
    Have you tried matching 5D raw to F35? I had read ML had updated it to shoot 4k too? I might have to ask around.
    The F35 has a pretty unique tone curve. Matching colours should be easy. Not sure how well the 5D controls the saturation in the highlights though.

4. Collapse Details
    You think then something like BMD Production Camera 4K is easier to match with F35? But somehow 5D RAW looks better. But maybe not as sharp 4K as Production Camera 4K. I only saw 1 5D RAW clip so far and doesn't look great. 1080p is. But 4K so far no.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SJX View Post
    You think then something like BMD Production Camera 4K is easier to match with F35? But somehow 5D RAW looks better. But maybe not as sharp 4K as Production Camera 4K. I only saw 1 5D RAW clip so far and doesn't look great. 1080p is. But 4K so far no.
    Sure.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567