Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I would even be happy if they put an A7III (or what would be A7SIII) in an FS5 body, even if it had 8bit and no raw!

The FS700 + O7Q is getting to cumbersome to use for what I’m doing, so most likely my next cam will be A7SIII if that comes out soon + Ninja V. And use that until FS5III arrive...
    Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
    Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitrizigany View Post
    I would even be happy if they put an A7III (or what would be A7SIII) in an FS5 body, even if it had 8bit and no raw!

The FS700 + O7Q is getting to cumbersome to use for what I’m doing, so most likely my next cam will be A7SIII if that comes out soon + Ninja V. And use that until FS5III arrive...
    Yeah, it's just that I have a really hard time shooting without inbuilt ND's.....and the variable electronic
    ND is even better than the '3 stage' ND's that most cinema cameras have built in. But I did a shoot
    yesterday with my FS700 and A6000. Just so much easier when going 'off that sticks' to shoot with
    the little mirrorless camera, because it's tiny, can be handheld easily and is pretty light and compact.
    They need to put a variable ND in that camera as well.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekmedia View Post
    atomos screwed up on the ninja V with no sdi ports.
    I agree, even I'd be keen on the Ninja V as a small recorder for my Sony PMW-F3

Can only assume there is a Samurai V in the works? (like there was with a Samurai Blade vs a Ninja Blade, I personally use a Samurai Blade at the moment)
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

4. Collapse Details
    I definitely could see a Samurai V at some point. I think atomos did not add SDI ports to the Ninja V because it would have immediately made their shogun inferno worthless to most FS5 / FS700 users which are their primary markets for that device and not to mention one of their most expensive models. I own one and would have abandoned it immediately for a Ninja V with SDI's. Sales for Shogun Inferno would have gone to ZERO. The ninja V in my mind was instead targeted at the GH5 crowd who want to record 10-bit prores raw via HDMI.

As for FS5iii or FS9 or whatever the next generation may be for the FS5/FS7 's I think we are going to see that its going to be a while, and by a while I mean at least another 2 years. The FS7 is still pretty much the industry standard (they don't seem to be going anywhere) and the only way to make big improvements on that camera is going to push it into the realm of Red Camera cost if we get real deal improvements in dynamic range, maximum resolution, or frame rates.

The next Sony camera in my opinion is going to be the A7Siii. It has not been updated in how many years? It's one hell of a camera (especially in low-light) in a DSLR form factor that gives you autofocus and in body stabilization. Who does that appeal to? 90% of prosumers and indie filmakers which is a much more attractive and larger market than the people like us that are willing to spend 10-20k on a camera. Just browse youtube today and see how popular Vlogging is. Sony will absolutely put something out soon to compete with the GH5 and the Canon 1DXMII.

My guess is A7Siii with a 5k-6k sensor (since this resolution is already achievable in still images with a7rii / a7riii so it is just a matter of mapping out the right codec to retain that information). Its all about more K's right lol ? It is going to have great auto-focus, low-noise, have the ability to record pro-res raw to recorders, and im guessing 5k-6k/30p, 4k/60p, and 2k/120p

and YES it is going to piss us FS7 / FS5 owners off.

The FUTURE is small form factors.

My 2 cents
    Last edited by sleekmedia; 06-26-2018 at 06:56 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekmedia View Post
    I definitely could see a Samurai V at some point. I think atomos did not add SDI ports to the Ninja V because it would have immediately made their shogun inferno worthless to most FS5 / FS700 users which are their primary markets for that device and not to mention one of their most expensive models. I own one and would have abandoned it immediately for a Ninja V with SDI's. Sales for Shogun Inferno would have gone to ZERO. The ninja V in my mind was instead targeted at the GH5 crowd who want to record 10-bit prores raw via HDMI.

As for FS5iii or FS9 or whatever the next generation may be for the FS5/FS7 's I think we are going to see that its going to be a while, and by a while I mean at least another 2 years. The FS7 is still pretty much the industry standard (they don't seem to be going anywhere) and the only way to make big improvements on that camera is going to push it into the realm of Red Camera cost if we get real deal improvements in dynamic range, maximum resolution, or frame rates.

The next Sony camera in my opinion is going to be the A7Siii. It has not been updated in how many years? It's one hell of a camera (especially in low-light) in a DSLR form factor that gives you autofocus and in body stabilization. Who does that appeal to? 90% of prosumers and indie filmakers which is a much more attractive and larger market than the people like us that are willing to spend 10-20k on a camera. Just browse youtube today and see how popular Vlogging is. Sony will absolutely put something out soon to compete with the GH5 and the Canon 1DXMII.

My guess is A7Siii with a 5k-6k sensor (since this resolution is already achievable in still images with a7rii / a7riii so it is just a matter of mapping out the right codec to retain that information). Its all about more K's right lol ? It is going to have great auto-focus, low-noise, have the ability to record pro-res raw to recorders, and im guessing 5k-6k/30p, 4k/60p, and 2k/120p

and YES it is going to piss us FS7 / FS5 owners off.

The FUTURE is small form factors.

My 2 cents
    I actually think you are probably right. Interesting though that they are afraid to
    improve the FS5 too much for fear of intruding on the FS7.....yet at the same time
    they are not as afraid of improving the mirrorless cameras too much for fear of
    intruding on FS5 (or FS7) space. Probably because they can keep the 10bit
    codecs and internal variable NDs out of the mirrorless cams. But with a possible
    small recorder that can take the output and record it to ProRes raw, I could actually
    see people abandoning the 'old tech' in the FS5/7 in favor of the newer tech (better
    sensors, higher rez, better frame rates, IBIS, autofocus, etc) that the mirrorless cams have.

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah but I see no chance at all that Sony will be implementing 4K raw over HDMI from their mirrorless cameras in the next couple of years.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12