Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Great video, subbed. I don't why any Mavic Pro owner isn't carrying on about what is the single most important feature of the Mavic Pro 2, adjustable aperture!!!!! Freaking amazing and really cool, that does make this drone worth more to me. I hate my Mavic Pros fixed aperture, I am always having to manipulate exposure not onlty using NDs but also ISO. Just being able to nudge exposure with aperture is a game changer.
    Yeah if your priority is image quality, and you can afford the price difference, the pro is the obvious choice. 10-bit, HDR, larger sensor, adjustable aperture...

2. Collapse Details
    Footage looks great:

3. Collapse Details
    Great video, subbed. I don't why any Mavic Pro owner isn't carrying on about what is the single most important feature of the Mavic Pro 2, adjustable aperture!!!!! Freaking amazing and really cool, that does make this drone worth more to me. I hate my Mavic Pros fixed aperture, I am always having to manipulate exposure not onlty using NDs but also ISO. Just being able to nudge exposure with aperture is a game changer.
    Yep. It's about time. If I upgrade, I will finally be able to shoot without the shutter at 1/billion.

So, who has ordered? When I looked at DJI's site this morning, it looked like I could order now and it ship tomorrow. B&H notice I received said "Pre-order". My birthday is in a few weeks. Should I go ahead and treat myself to a present or wait till they are out in the wild and see what those that didn't get early access/"special treatment" say...? Hmmmm... ; )

BTW: Thanks for the video, Dave

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Yep. It's about time. If I upgrade, I will finally be able to shoot without the shutter at 1/billion.
    They do have these things called "ND Filters" ya know!

But that's my point, with the NDs, if I am shooting at the only times of day when the lighting usually looks it's best, dusk and dawn, start off with an ND8, but you soon need the ND16, then the ND32, often all in the space of one or two flights. Having one more parameter to adjust exposure is a game changer, to change NDs you need to land, turn it upside down, pry the one you are using off the lens, put on the new one, re-boot, let the gimbal calibrate, its a nusisance. Still need NDs but now you won't need to change them as often. I dislike the 1/billion shutter look and I keep my ISO locked as much as possible at 100 since it starts to get grainier even at 200.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

5. Collapse Details
    The Mavick Pro 2 still won't do UHD at 60p, and it's questionable how much benefit the 10 bit codec will actually provide with a 100 mbps bit rate, still it's a massive improvement. I use the Phantom 4 Pro but with with this update I'd consider adding a Mavick just for portability.

6. Collapse Details
    They do have these things called "ND Filters" ya know!

But that's my point, with the NDs, if I am shooting at the only times of day when the lighting usually looks it's best, dusk and dawn, start off with an ND8, but you soon need the ND16, then the ND32, often all in the space of one or two flights. Having one more parameter to adjust exposure is a game changer, to change NDs you need to land, turn it upside down, pry the one you are using off the lens, put on the new one, re-boot, let the gimbal calibrate, its a nusisance. Still need NDs but now you won't need to change them as often. I dislike the 1/billion shutter look and I keep my ISO locked as much as possible at 100 since it starts to get grainier even at 200.
    Lol. That's one of the big reasons I never bought a set. Hey! Maybe a teeny-tiny little variable ND filter to slap on the lens. You'd still have to land to adjust, but at least you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of taking it off and putting another one on. OR... They build-in a variable ND...

7. Collapse Details
    Does this mean you can not film 100% looking down with the Mavic Pro 2?
    "The Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90 needed to shoot vertically. However, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo."

8. Collapse Details
    I was confused by that statement as well. After some investigation I found out that it CAN look straight down. Think of it as looking down and shooting landscape vs. portrait. It can only function in landscape position and not rotate 90deg to portrait position.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I was confused by that statement as well. After some investigation I found out that it CAN look straight down. Think of it as looking down and shooting landscape vs. portrait. It can only function in landscape position and not rotate 90deg to portrait position.
    Ok great now I get it! Thanks for this info!

10. Collapse Details
    Anyone tried importing the raw DLog files into FCP X?

If so, what version. I'm running 10.4, and it won't import the raw files, not will QT 10 play them
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast