Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yes, I watched those tests, impressive. Now get flying and post some footage :-)
    Last edited by Vultch; 08-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Everything involving the pig is above board.

2. Collapse Details
    Another good comparison video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSph0XFy4oc

3. Collapse Details
    I used the Mavic Pro 1 and was super disappointed with it. This Mavic 2 Pro is worlds better. Here is my first flight.

https://youtu.be/c7J-zekglU4
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details
    I bought it with the fly more pack for the extra batts and four position charger. All of the batteries appear to be dead, so they are currently on charge, and I'm topping off the remote as well. Hopefully everything will be ready to go when I get back from the gym and I can get in a quick flight before the sun completely sets. It's too bad that the original MP/MPP batteries don't work with the new M2, because I have four hot ones just sitting on charge right now. Seem like I read somewhere that the may make the old MP/MPP remotes compatible with the new M2's, so two remote operation may be a possibility, in the future.

Also: The new M2's DO NOT come with a memory card like the originals. Probably not a huge deal to those that already have drones, because you probably have several spares laying around and yes, the M2's have 8GB's of internal storage, but the original MP/MPP came with a 16GB card(at least both of my MPP's did).

6. Collapse Details
    Swapping your drone camera, perhaps not in the field but its not too complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvia_7d-pBY

7. Collapse Details
    I received mine last night... my Fly More package should be here next week. With any luck I'll be able to take it out for a spin this weekend, and hopefully use it in the short I'm shooting.

8. Collapse Details
    Just testing mine. Am I the first one to notice this?

Check this out. normal video mode vs log mode. THe log mode image is wider- it has no lens distortion compensation. :0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by macgregor; 08-31-2018 at 10:17 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Haven't played with D-log, yet. But here's some quick notes/thought in no particular order:

Even though mine came in a day early(Tuesday), I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, yet. Only got to activate it and update the firmware on Tuesday. Firmware update takes forever(at least 45 mins) and requires you to constantly keep hitting the "continue download" button.

Something that I don't think I've seen mentioned: 1080/120 is a 'crop sensor' mode. And a pretty heavy crop, at that. Also, toggling through the different frame rates, I noticed some just ever so slight frame size changes. Haven't played with "4K HQ" which is supposedly higher image quality, but crops into the sensor resulting in a 55 degree FoV, vs "4K Full FoV" which is 77. But the narrower FoV can be useful.

I've been pretty happy with the image and amount of detail seen/retained(lots of trees around me) with mine shooting UHD(it's not 4KDCI)/24fps, .MOV/h.265, Normal color profile and played back on VLC. Detail retention in the clouds looks pretty good, so far. Flew it a little after sunset last night and the Auto ISO went up to 3200 and it was pretty damn noisy.

If you're wanting to adhere closely to a "180 shutter"(even though 1/50 is as close as it gets to 1/48) when shooting 24fps, you'll still need ND. Even stopped down to f/11 and ISO 100, during the day with the sun out, you will still be well over 1/100.

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with my copy, because the obstacle avoidance sensors seem overly sensitive or maybe reading wrong. I was flying low altitude in my driveway and it kept stopping because of obstacle avoidance, even thought there was nothing even close to it.

Tried out the object tracking on myself and it seemed pretty decent(i just walked up the driveway), but I had to put the drone up at a much higher altitude than the manual states before it would allow it to lock on to me in that mode. The manual states around 6.6 feet(2m), I had to raise it over 25 feet.

The "landing lights" are BRIGHT.

I liked what I was seeing on-line before I received mine, but thought greens were a little neon, but that may just be encoding on YouTube and Vimeo, because on playback of what I shot, on my laptop, everything looked pretty natural, to me.

Not sure if it was my phone(running my old iPhone 7 as the standalone screen for the remote) or if the app/controller was working my phone extra hard, but the first time I flew, about five minutes in my phones brightness dropped significantly and the phone felt like the hood of a black car sitting in the summer sun. And I was standing in the shade.

Maybe I'll get a chance to play more with it tomorrow afternoon or Monday. Still need to tweak some flight control settings and wrap my head around the new obstacle avoidance system. Right now, EVERYTHING is on. So maybe I can see what I really want to leave on and what I can turn off.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with my copy, because the obstacle avoidance sensors seem overly sensitive or maybe reading wrong. I was flying low altitude in my driveway and it kept stopping because of obstacle avoidance, even thought there was nothing even close to it.
    Your house may have spirits and the obstacle avoidance system is detecting them.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast