Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    (Rumored) DJI Mavic Pro II
    Canon Rumors is reporting that the highly anticipated Mavic Pro II will be announced July 18th.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/ind...;topicseen#new

Some of the rumored upgrades are six way obstacle avoidance(finally above) with infrared sensing, 100mps bitrate, variable aperture and slightly larger sensor(1/1/7" vs. 1/2.3" in the current model).
    Last edited by Run&Gun; 06-20-2018 at 03:34 PM.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    sign me up

3. Collapse Details
    Some interesting information has been inadvertently leaked.

https://gizmodo.com/leaks-show-three...hem-1827971609

4. Collapse Details
    Yep. Saw a similar article earlier today.

https://www.cinema5d.com/dji-mavic-2...reveal-drones/

5. Collapse Details
    As long as the MP2 records at 100Mbps or better, I'm in. Bigger sensor is just icing on the cake. I predict the used value of my current MP is going to take a nose dive. Oh well, that's life with drones.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Just sucks that reportedly the new Mavic(s) will use different batteries, because I have at least four that are only about 8-9 months old.

7. Collapse Details
    as long as the gimbal is more robust. I've had a ton of problems with mine, and I don't feel I have been hard on it.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    As long as the MP2 records at 100Mbps or better, I'm in. Bigger sensor is just icing on the cake. I predict the used value of my current MP is going to take a nose dive. Oh well, that's life with drones.
    Sell now?

I got my fly more mavic on a deal zone price and sold it for exactly what I paid after using it a bunch (it was in mint condition). I sold it for two reasons: 1) The IQ was not something I was going to feel great using in any projects that I actually cared about or where I'd be getting paid and 2) I knew the next iteration was gonna be coming soon. That was before all of the recent leaks, but you can probably still retain a lot of value if you sell before the new one hits.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    as long as the gimbal is more robust. I've had a ton of problems with mine, and I don't feel I have been hard on it.
    I've read this too that a lot of people have had gimbal issues. I have been really easy on mine and have been flying it for more than a year now, no issues or problems with the gimbal. Guess I got lucky so far? No crashes and have not lost it over the ocean the few times I've flown in off of moving boats, which still makes me nervous as hell. Fingers crossed, two more practices and three more races this season!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmorphasis View Post
    Sell now?

I got my fly more mavic on a deal zone price and sold it for exactly what I paid after using it a bunch (it was in mint condition). I sold it for two reasons: 1) The IQ was not something I was going to feel great using in any projects that I actually cared about or where I'd be getting paid and 2) I knew the next iteration was gonna be coming soon. That was before all of the recent leaks, but you can probably still retain a lot of value if you sell before the new one hits.
    You're probably right but the issue is I have to shoot three more races for our documentary, two in August and one in early September. I'm in a push me/pull you, gotta have a drone to shoot these with so if DJI doesn't announce and have these shipping, can't sell as I am using it for our documentary. Not the end of the world, I can still probably get $500.00 for it after the new one is announced and shipping. Drones at this level are pretty much disposable, not exactly an investment, so if I have to fork out to get the new one at the end of this year or beginning of next year, no biggie. Just hope it's around $1,200.00 or less.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast