1. Collapse Details
    Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries safe with Sennheiser G3?
    My meter shows the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries put out 1.77V when fresh. I'm wondering if this voltage might be too high and damage the G3 wireless radio mics. I have been using Eneloop batteries, but they only charge to 1.3V, and even though they last a while, I am always having to keep an eye on them during long shoots. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
    https://vimeo.com/davepatterson
    "preditor" (shooter/editor)

2. Collapse Details
    I would presume no damage would occur, and your measured voltage was probably unloaded. Even brand new alkalines measure more than the 1.5v nominal voltage.

3. Collapse Details
    I have been using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries exclusively in my wireless mic systems (a mix of Sennheiser G2s and Rodelinks) for about six months now with no problems at all. They are longer lasting and more reliable than the Maha Imedion (similar to Eneloop) low-self-discharge NiMH batteries I used previously. (The operating cost is of course much higher since they aren't rechargeable, but having had a couple of the NiMH cells run flat unexpectedly before their normal run time, the reliability of the lithiums is more important to me. And with a 20 year shelf life, I like that I don't have to worry about how long they've been sitting in my bag before use.)

- Greg

4. Collapse Details
    Used them all the time at BBC Scotland with our Sennheiser radio mics and have used the part used ones with my own G2/3 radio mics for four years now.

As said other batteries can show more than 1.5v but are fine as well.
    Over 15 minutes in broadcast film and tv production: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1044352
    /

5. Collapse Details
    I'm tempted to try the Kentli 1.5v Li-polymer rechargeable AAs, but they're not a name brand, and I can't really find reviews.

6. Collapse Details
    I recall Larry and the folks at Lectro tested using rechargeable lithium AA/AAA batts. Not as good as standard NiMH Enloops was the outcome. Something to do with the physical size prevented high capacity .. this was a few years ago but they still do not recommend them.