1. Collapse Details
    Pulldown removal not working in new FCP 10.4.2
    Anyone here having issues with the new FCP? I can't seem to click on the pull down removal option in the import window when importing what i know is 24PA footage. Doesn't matter what format, SD tape from the camera via firewire(HVX200) or HD from P2 cards reading out of the AJ-PCD2. The pull down removal option remains greyed out and after import the footage is sure enough running like 29,97 footage with all extra frames still in there. I tried looking for any and all Perian files. I also tried finding this file to delete A52Codec.component. It does not exist on my anywhere system. Anyone have this issue? I am in the process of downloading an older version of FCP that will still run on my old 2008 Macbook to see if maybe this is a glitch that has not been spotted yet and rectified. I am out of ideas and there does not appear to be any one else asking this question over at the Apple forums.

Cheers.

2. Collapse Details
    Yep! It is a glitch! Just downloaded version 10.3.4 and it works. So I guess an email or something to APPLE.

3. Collapse Details
    So I checked with the Apple forums and tried all of the remedies for this problem, ie: Perian removal, A52Codec.componenent removal etc, and nothing works. Tried resetting preferences. No joy. Re-install of FCPX, no joy. The only thing I haven’t tried is unplugging external devices but I can’t see how that would affect FCPX. Maybe I’ll give that a try. As for now I am lucky enough to have the previous 10.3.4 version on an old laptop which I have copied over and is working fine. Lucky me.

4. Collapse Details
    Still nothing? Nobody here working with the latest upgrades of FCP 10.4.4 and doing pull down removal? Wow! How odd.

5. Collapse Details
    I imagine pulldown removal is very uncommon in today's world besides for a niche group of people (the 1%). Everything is online.

I'm working in the latest FCPX and can test a clip for you if you'd like.