Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sam, that actually looked kind of cool. Like you were outside of a club. One of those happy accidents...

2. Collapse Details
    Im always outside of the club

aha you meant Samuel

3. Collapse Details
    XDDDD

Yes, for that video it was OK with the theme and I left it there. You're not always going to be that lucky. And shooting slow motion inside is just not possible. Which means I can't shoot much because I'm going to these events just for fun and I'm not taking my gimbal anymore, just the RX100IV set to 120fps so it can look smooth even handheld and with lots of motion.

On this one I used some secondaries to kill most of the flicker (but it's still there)

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    The phenomenon of LED lights driving brightness by shortening pulse of illumination is called Pulse Width Illumination.
    - that's the answer - or the problem whichever way you want to look at it - I understood it to be pulse width modulation (same thing) not uncommon in venues and you don't notice it till they dim the lights. Tell them not to dim the lights!

5. Collapse Details
    So software / post solutions are also inadequate to deal with this phenomena?

Are you largely safe if shooting at your countries frequency at 24p, or does this affect more than just slow motion but also full speed?

Discouraging as it sounds like there is not much which can be done about it, either in camera or in post?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    So software / post solutions are also inadequate to deal with this phenomena?

Are you largely safe if shooting at your countries frequency at 24p, or does this affect more than just slow motion but also full speed?

Discouraging as it sounds like there is not much which can be done about it, either in camera or in post?

https://www.digitalanarchy.com/Flicker/main.html

7. Collapse Details
    So what's the downside to the Digital Anarchy filter? Why not just always use this and not worry about it anymore?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    So what's the downside to the Digital Anarchy filter? Why not just always use this and not worry about it anymore?
    User review:

Lots more examples: https://digitalanarchy.com/Flicker/examples.html

Same method I posted earlier using 2 extra layers (vs. 1) to remove flicker (free). Only works with low/little motion, softens image (can sharpen to counter a bit; use masking to affect only problem areas):

If the free methods don't work for your issue, Flicker Free has a free demo ($150 to buy).

9. Collapse Details
    If it is a single flickering light illuminating the shot then you have a chance with a software fix. Multiple lights at different flicker rates = good luck.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    If it is a single flickering light illuminating the shot then you have a chance with a software fix. Multiple lights at different flicker rates = good luck.
    Mask each light and apply plugin to each separately. Where lights overlap, the software is looking for flicker- so summed flicker can still be eliminated or significantly reduced.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast