Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I've not used DVD for ages now - and frankly why would you want to offer SD as a delivery format as a 'real' DVD, or put 1080 files on a DVD for use with computers? Worse still everything I've produced on the current long term job is more than a DVD can hold anyway. My work insult about video for people to keep, it's private archive material of shows that the producers want for the records. However, various other people need them. The sign language guy, the subtitles people and the audio described people who all need the show script and the video. So they go on Vimeo as private with a password. This year two days later and a complete stranger liked one!!! Somebody had shared the link and the password. People just do it. The key feature for me is simply to watermark it so I can prove where it came from. Doesn't do any good, but as many shows involved confidentiality agreements, it could I guess be useful.

Uploading is possible - and we have audio downloads that people can pay for, and the system would work for video too - but they'll still share. They also take forever to upload when they're 7 or 8Gb size. USB sticks seem the only way to do this kind of thing simply but of course they will share. I just live with it. I bought a Blue-ray burner and some disks. 5 years later not one single request for that format!

2. Collapse Details
    Or put your clips on vimeo, people can pay for access or you can make your files downloadable.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12