Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Manning View Post
    @mark...that’s kinda what I was thinking, except with a photo vest...shorter cabling, less movement swinging away from the body.

Did you cover the screen?
    I did not cover the screen - in the bag there was no danger of something invoking a record start. And to prevent overheating I did not wan to cover anything on the unit.

2. Collapse Details
    You can also lock the device by pressing the power button once (if you needed to just in case).

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing, markr041. I've thought about belt solutions but I don't think it would work during times when I'm also supporting the camera with a monopod and belt pouch, so something like this might be better.

4. Collapse Details
    I took a look around the office for some suitable cases and found that the Inferno fits in an empty Digital Juice sandbag, and I can use the velcro band on the handle to secure to my belt. It might need a wrap of gaff tape to be extra secure, and I'd want to get an SDI with a 90 degree connector, but it does fit in kind of nice and snug against my thigh.

The Inferno will have to be upright--luckily the intake and exhaust ports are both on top of the unit. I'm unsure if it will get enough airflow to keep it cool enough. Does the Inferno have a thermal shutdown protection mechanism built-in?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler View Post
    I took a look around the office for some suitable cases and found that the Inferno fits in an empty Digital Juice sandbag, and I can use the velcro band on the handle to secure to my belt. It might need a wrap of gaff tape to be extra secure, and I'd want to get an SDI with a 90 degree connector, but it does fit in kind of nice and snug against my thigh.

The Inferno will have to be upright--luckily the intake and exhaust ports are both on top of the unit. I'm unsure if it will get enough airflow to keep it cool enough. Does the Inferno have a thermal shutdown protection mechanism built-in?

I can attest that the Inferno will shut down due to overheating, and also gives a warning. Like shooting with an A6500...

You do want to make sure there is airflow. I had the Inferno shut down a number of times because of heat when I was carrying it in a shoulder bag but I do not detect any long-run effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12