1. Collapse Details
    How much are these two HPX-170 with Letus DOF and lenses worth?
    Hello all,
    I’d appreciate help valuing these two packages. Thank you!
    I am going to be selling these two HPX-170 packages with Letus Extreme DOF adapters and Canon FD lenses. They are great cameras and glass. I’m just upgrading to Canon C100 mkII to get native 1080p.
    I am the original owner of both HPX’s and Letus’. I bought the lenses used from Adorama. Everything is in excellent condition. These cameras have been used to film interviews.
    For those of you don’t know the Letus Extreme, the optics of it give shallow depth of field to these video cameras.

Camera #1 (Gabby) –
    338 hours
    (1) 16GB P2 card
    (2) 32GB P2 cards
    (3) batteries
    Canon FD 50mm 1.4f with UV filter, cleaned and checked recently
    Canon FD 100mm 2.8f with UV filter, cleaned and checked recently
    Letus Extreme with 72mm adapting ring to the HPX and Canon FD adapting ring

Camera #2 (Abby) –
    1057 hours
    (2) 32GB P2 cards
    (2) batteries
    Canon FD 24mm 1.8f with haze filter, well-used looking, cleaned and checked recently
    Canon FD 85mm 1.8f with haze filter, well-used looking, cleaned and checked recently
    Letus Extreme with 72mm adapting ring to the HPX and Canon FD adapting ring
    (this 72mm adapting ring has two screw heads broken off. I did it when I first attached the ring to the Letus. This means that Letus will only fit on 72mm cameras. The Letus still comes off the camera when you want to shoot without it. It doesn’t matter in any other way.

Both cameras also have –
    Barry’s book (which is great)
    Panasonic’s instruction manual
    charger, AC cord and AC adapter
    matte box
    mic attachment
    remote
    component video cable

I have looked online for used prices for similar cameras ($800-1200), batteries ($75), P2 cards ($60 for 16, $100 for 32GB), lenses ($70-140), but none with the Letus $150-200 used).

What would be a fair price for each/both the packages? Thanks for chiming in!

2. Collapse Details
    As these are very old and niche, the price you will get for them will depend a lot on the market you're selling them in and your patience in waiting for a good deal to come along.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

3. Collapse Details
    Ex 170 owner here. The 170 was a great cam in its time, and can still be relevant for some things like bloggers on uTube. I really liked the cam then, and still do. I don't think the the DOF adapters are worth much in addition to the cams. While shallow DOF is a nice thing to have, rigged up, it makes for a dinosaur to use. There are so many cheap cams now that offer better resolution, even iPhones, it is going to be difficult to get any real money IMHO. FWIW, a couple of years ago I sold my excellent condition 170 with a card or two and a couple of batteries for $900 and was glad to make the sale. Today, the value will be somewhat less. Have you researched eBay?

If I couldn't afford anything more expensive, I'd still be happy to have one, they have great mojo and P2 reliability.

Grant

4. Collapse Details
    Thank you IronFilm and Ggrantly. Yes, I've researched eBay. There is a market there and that's where I got my estimates.
    And I agree, reliable cameras with great mojo.
    Thanks.

5. Collapse Details
    This morning in the buy and sell section, someone has a wtb for a 170.

6. Collapse Details
    Thank you!