Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I can't imagine that Canon would abandon Super 35 sensors altogether in the future (or at least not include a Super 35 crop option within the camera). Canon has earned its reputation on crippling new cameras in order to not make existing gear obsolete, can't imagine they would start making their own lenses obsolete now.
    chrisfrancis.tv | rosedale.tv | Canon C200 | Canon C200b

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
    The CN-E zooms pretty much require the zacuto lens support and servo extension. I am not sure how Canon screwed that one up so badly. But once you have them, the 70-200 CN-E feels more stable than the f/2.8L. It also allow for any easier should mount setup with the hand grip attached.
    Why do you need lens support I run and gun currently with CN E 18-80, I don't use am extra grip , I use the grip that came with camera and reasign joy stick function on the grip to operate zoom, not idea as it is a small joystick but works.

I am leaning more and more to the CN-E 70-200 as I really love the CN E 18-80, also can you direct me to teh zacuto lens support and servo thx. I am a total rookie so I need all the help I can get Thx

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by echo44 View Post
    Why do you need lens support I run and gun currently with CN E 18-80, I don't use am extra grip , I use the grip that came with camera and reasign joy stick function on the grip to operate zoom, not idea as it is a small joystick but works.

I am leaning more and more to the CN-E 70-200 as I really love the CN E 18-80, also can you direct me to teh zacuto lens support and servo thx. I am a total rookie so I need all the help I can get Thx
    This is the extension: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ion_cable.html
    This is the support but it only works with a baseplate with the correct rod height like the Zacuto C300/100 plates: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...s_support.html
    And this is them together: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ort_right.html

You certainly don't need any of them, but you can't easily use the servo grip without either of them. The EF mount can handle the weight of the lens, but possibly not the weight of the camera. I feel much more confidant running around with the CN-E lenses with the lens support attached. In fact, I travel with the CN-E lenses attached to the cameras so that I have a little less setup time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123