1. Collapse Details
    C300 MII 23.98p in PAL/ 50Hz countries
    Is there anyone who has shot 23.98p in a country with 50Hz electricity? A colleague of mine will be traveling to Europe to shoot some content that needs to be 23.98p (24p) and is asking about potential flicker issues shooting under fluoros and other light sources that may run on a 50Hz cycle. I suggested setting the shutter speed mode to Clear Scan and dialing in the exact shutter speed to 50Hz (1/50 sec). Is there anyone with a C300 MII in Europe or Asia or any country with 50Hz electricity who could run a simple test with the camera in DCI 4k (4096x2160), 422 10 bit NTSC 23.98 and shoot a couple clips under fluorescent lighting both with a 1/48 shutter speed (to induce some flicker) and then with "Clear Scan" enabled and 50Hz set as the shutter setting?

Perhaps someone has already dealt with this and can chime in here.

Thank you!
    Last edited by sam rides a mtb; 05-17-2018 at 09:53 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sam rides a mtb View Post
    Is there anyone who has shot 23.98p in a country with 50Hz electricity? A colleague of mine will be traveling to Europe to shoot some content that needs to be 23.98p (24p) and is asking about potential flicker issues shooting under fluoros and other light sources that may run on a 50Hz cycle. I suggested setting the shutter speed mode to Clear Scan and dialing in the exact shutter speed to 50Hz (1/50 sec). Is there anyone with a C300 MII in Europe or Asia or any country with 50Hz electricity who could run a simple test with the camera in DCI 4k (4096x2160), 422 10 bit NTSC 23.98 and shoot a couple clips under fluorescent lighting both with a 1/48 shutter speed (to induce some flicker) and then with "Clear Scan" enabled and 50Hz set as the shutter setting?

Perhaps someone has already dealt with this and can chime in here.

Thank you!
    I've shot in Africa a bit and in some other 50Hz countries. You will see roll bars/flicker at 1/48th/180 degree shutter in 23.98. You can use the clear scan to dial them out. Not a big deal.
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you for the info puredrifting!

4. Collapse Details
    I do the opposite quite frequently--shooting 50p here in 60Hz land. Sometimes I see flicker with a 180 degree shutter, but a lot of the time I don't. Even when I do, shifting the lens angle one step often dials out the flicker.

All that to say, it might not be much of a problem.