Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    Ari is a very accomplished operator, has done many wonderful music videos and really came into his own last year as the operator of "LaLa Land"--not just great Steadicam work but his operating overall was topnotch (I'm sure some have seen the BTS where the director is tapping him on the shoulder to whip pan from the stage to Emma Stone dancing). He killed it as always on this clip.

One interest note I got from the DIT who is a friend is that it was intended to be a day shoot, and they went long. They had worklights from rehearsal the night before and pressed those into service. They had to push the camera significantly to be able to get exposure on the bottom level. Having shot in the Bradbury building myself, it is a challenging (and exceptionally beautiful) space!

I am told that there wasn't any post-stab used but of course, it's hard to know for sure. It wasn't shot with that in mind. Incredible long lens work especially coming down the stairs shooting laterally.
    Charles Papert

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Not sure if another thread exists on this (don't think so), but what do the pros here think about this music video?

How did they film this? (Hopefully you'll make it to the very end.)

Thank you for your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MPbR6Cbwi4

As far as continuous steadi-cam shot and the timing involved in the shot, I'm more impressed by this:

Admittedly, I am biased because I was there to witness the execution of that scene. The part where the camera goes over the fence is awesome. I bet Charles can guess correctly as to how it was done.
    Big sources matter.

3. Collapse Details
    I commented in that thread/on that shot the other week...also amazing.

My personal guess about the fence shot is the operator hopped on some sort of platform that lifted him or her over the fence and stepped on another one to go back down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12