Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Not just the G series though, most other wireless can, for instance my Sony UWP-D11 can as well.

It is just those new wireless using the WiFi bands that can't, such as the Sennheiser AVX or the Rode RodeLinks
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Yeah as Rick said the G series can do that but the AVX cannot which can be one big plus for the G series.
    I find the UHF spectrum more and more crowded. Plus now that FCC has sold off the 600mhz spectrum I'm going to have to buy my 3rd wireless mic set only because of the FCC. I don't get why they don't make cell phone companies send us rebate checks. I would love to buy the AVX, but since there is no plug-in transmitter I can't. I don't like lavaliers for interviews. I find they lack clarity, don't reject ambient noise as well, and require a pretty big wind muff for outdoor recording. Of course there are times where it's the only way. Although I'm using my Instamic much more lately as a lavalier replacement.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Another advantage of the G series (if your need it) is the ability to use one transmitter to feed two (or more) receivers.. in a multi-cam shoot for instance, feeding the same audio to the cams.
    Most GHz frequency range systems must be paired (one TX to one Rx).
    This has proven to be very handy when doing big hall lecture shoots as well as sports scrums when two of us are shooting for the same net.
    Brian Murphy
    Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
    Sony PXW-Z150 -Sony A7iii
    Sony-28/135 Cine-Tokina 11/16-Sigma 70/200 Sigma 24/70, Nikon 55(1.2)
    Collection of CY lenses and vintage Nikons, Canons.
    2x DJI Osmo Plus -GoPro H5
    Teradek Vidiu kit-BM WebPresenter/Open Broadcaster & WireCast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12