Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    @cpreston yes I wrote to Viltrox and they told me they were planning to make an EF-M to EF mount speedbooster to be released in around 3 months. Haven't seen it publicly announced yet though. Viltrox already make a speedbooster for M4/3 which works well.

@Movies by Matt I haven't tried the timelapse feature unfortunately. It does sometimes take a lot patience playing around with ML menu functions to discover how something works!

@NorBro ML on the 5D4 would be amazing. I'm wondering what the upcoming release of the BMPCC4k will do to the amount of work being put into ML in general on the high end EOS cameras (at least for video functions), since it would be cheaper and more convenient just to use the Blackmagic to achieve similar results? With the EOS M and other lower end cameras it might be different since nothing compares to them at their price point for raw video - the original BMPCC is still quite a bit more expensive than the EOS M.

2. Collapse Details
    Here's another test I've done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cEQLVQM78

3. Collapse Details
    It looks that Canon 11-24mm f/4L would still be too narrow, so it's line skipping for wide shoots?

You had AF whole time on?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post
    It looks that Canon 11-24mm f/4L would still be too narrow, so it's line skipping for wide shoots?

You had AF whole time on?
    With a speed booster an 11mm lens would be 26mm (35mm full frame equivalent) which is pretty wide? I've bought a cheap Canon 10-18mm IS lens, and with the speedbooster that'll be 24mm equivalent. Just have to wait for Viltrox to release the speedbooster now, which they told me they would in a few months.

I never use AF as it's rubbish for video on the EOS M (and particularly bad in crop mode filming), that's all manual focus. I do use lens image stabilisation though.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jsb23 View Post
    @cpreston yes I wrote to Viltrox and they told me they were planning to make an EF-M to EF mount speedbooster to be released in around 3 months. Haven't seen it publicly announced yet though. Viltrox already make a speedbooster for M4/3 which works well.

@Movies by Matt I haven't tried the timelapse feature unfortunately. It does sometimes take a lot patience playing around with ML menu functions to discover how something works!

@NorBro ML on the 5D4 would be amazing. I'm wondering what the upcoming release of the BMPCC4k will do to the amount of work being put into ML in general on the high end EOS cameras (at least for video functions), since it would be cheaper and more convenient just to use the Blackmagic to achieve similar results? With the EOS M and other lower end cameras it might be different since nothing compares to them at their price point for raw video - the original BMPCC is still quite a bit more expensive than the EOS M.
    Any canon stills sensor is still probably gonna be miles ahead of a BM sensor, just for stuff like IR filtration and CFA quality.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTheM View Post
    Any canon stills sensor is still probably gonna be miles ahead of a BM sensor, just for stuff like IR filtration and CFA quality.
    That's probably true, though dynamic range is pretty poor on the eos m sensor, and in crop mode the low light performance is worse than the bmpcc by quite a big margin. However I don't mind these limitations and prefer the image I'm getting out of the eos m.

7. Collapse Details
    I downloaded it, but I couldn't figure out how to enable raw. Where's the function?

8. Collapse Details
    will this hack work with the canon m50?

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details
    I don't know, read this and find out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast