1. Collapse Details
    A7sII - System Failure
    Hey all,

Just had a weird, and sort of disturbing thing happen while filming some fun, luckily un-important stuff with my A7si.. To preface, I just got a new Sigma MC-11, it has the latest firmware and I'm using it with the Canon 24-70 2.8 II. I was shooting some 120fps with the IBIS on to a "SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I Class 10 U3 V30 SDXC Memory Card, Up to 95MB/s Read and Up to 90MB/s Write Speed" card. I went to go view a clip and the screen went black and said something like "System Fail" or "System Failure." The camera was completely frozen, so I popped the battery out, put it back in, and all settings (frame rate, resolution, ISO, WB) had been reset to something else. I then did a quick un-mount of the adapter, then re-mount to be saef. After this, I continued to film 120fps and 4K for the rest of the evening and it was all good. I thought maybe the adapter hadn't been up to date, but I just checked it and it was. I haven't re-created this issue yet, but I shoot weddings with this as my main camera...So I'm not trying to get this issue again mid shot. I've read that the IBIS sometimes get's the sensor stuck in a funky position, so it's possible that just by turning the camera upside down to take the battery out shook the sensor back into place.

Anyone else have this happen to them!?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Collapse Details
    I used a7s and a6500 with mc11 with all kind of EF lenses. Working with no problems.
    I did have some problem with it when the mc11 is on the older firmware, a6500 couldn't acquire focus on some lens and needed to remount the adapter. after updated to the latest firmware all is good.

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah, so you didn't have the error that I got? I don't think it was the adaper.

4. Collapse Details
    Nope, maybe you droped your camera before?
    Then this error might be the side effects showing up.