1. Collapse Details
    Video workshops or conferences?
    My company sends me to a workshop or conference for video every year and I'm wondering any good ones. they are thinking of sending our whole team to photoshop world which has a lot of photography sessions but i was wondering if anyone had suggestions to a good corporate / videographer conference or workshop? I remember shane hurlbut did a tour doing live classes where you were basically on set learning lighting and cinematography, something like this would be much more fun and beneficial to me but I don't know any other classes like this.

2. Collapse Details
    A corporate video workshop is money down the toilet as far as I'm concerned. You could look into a cinematographer type class, there should be some good options in LA.

Alternatively, imagine how much you'd learn from a great DP if you paid them a day rate and learned from them that way. Their rates would probably be comparable to workshop rates.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    A corporate video workshop is money down the toilet as far as I'm concerned. You could look into a cinematographer type class, there should be some good options in LA.

Alternatively, imagine how much you'd learn from a great DP if you paid them a day rate and learned from them that way. Their rates would probably be comparable to workshop rates.
    our budget is small and not expecting much. last year 2 of our 4 members went to adobe max, this year we need to send 4 people to something of the same price. They care less about us actually learning and more about certificates and motivational talks which is why i was hoping there was some sort of small class just on lighting or interviews that was under a grand.

4. Collapse Details
    What about any of these - https://www.abelcine.com/learn/calendar