Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    SamEd, I’m not sure, I’ll check it tomorrow...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by klausd View Post
    SamEd, I’m not sure, I’ll check it tomorrow...
    Thanks. I tried to research online but could not find a straight answer.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SamEd View Post
    Can somebody confirm that the Inferno doesn't have SDI out when shooting RAW? If I could use it with the Gratial Eye I would switch from the Odyssey. But I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't work...
    I confirm you that it works, you should do just a few adjustments in the "output" menu of Shogun Inferno (with latest firmware). I'm testing with PIX-E5 connected to sdi-out of Shogun, so I can't speak for other devices.. But it should works too.

4K DCI ProRes Raw 25p on Shogun is recognised by PIX-E5 as 3840 25p 10bit and it works. I'm hitting REC and it works too
    4K DCI ProRes Raw 50p an 100p on Shogun is recognised by PIX-E5 only with downscaling to HD in the Output settings, but it works. PIX-E5 shows as input 1080 50p 10bit. I'm hitting REC and it works too.

It does not work if you try 4K DCI 25p on Shogun without "4K DCI crop" option in the output setting, it seems that PIX-E5 doesn't like full DCI res from Shogun.

All outputs have the same SLOG-like profile applied, exactly the same I'm seeing on shogun.

Latency seems ok with all of these configurations, but PIX-E5 isn't the best device to test it, because it has 4 to 6 frames delay even when connected straight to the camera.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by klausd View Post
    I confirm you that it works, you should do just a few adjustments in the "output" menu of Shogun Inferno (with latest firmware). I'm testing with PIX-E5 connected to sdi-out of Shogun, so I can't speak for other devices.. But it should works too.

4K DCI ProRes Raw 25p on Shogun is recognised by PIX-E5 as 3840 25p 10bit and it works. I'm hitting REC and it works too
    4K DCI ProRes Raw 50p an 100p on Shogun is recognised by PIX-E5 only with downscaling to HD in the Output settings, but it works. PIX-E5 shows as input 1080 50p 10bit. I'm hitting REC and it works too.

It does not work if you try 4K DCI 25p on Shogun without "4K DCI crop" option in the output setting, it seems that PIX-E5 doesn't like full DCI res from Shogun.

All outputs have the same SLOG-like profile applied, exactly the same I'm seeing on shogun.

Latency seems ok with all of these configurations, but PIX-E5 isn't the best device to test it, because it has 4 to 6 frames delay even when connected straight to the camera.
    Hey Klaus, (And sorry OP for the hijack)
    Are there other resolutions available? The Gratical Eye only takes up to 1080p as an input...
    Thanks,
    Sam

6. Collapse Details
    Interestingly, on the Atomos Inferno specs page it says:
    4K UHD downscale for HD monitoring Yes - Loop-out and playback (Not available in RAW)

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SamEd View Post
    Hey Klaus, (And sorry OP for the hijack)
    Are there other resolutions available? The Gratical Eye only takes up to 1080p as an input...
    Thanks,
    Sam
    I'm afraid not. When I tried 4K ProresRAW 25p with downscaling to HD I had a strange motion streak artifacts. I don't know if the problem is related to PIX-E5. Downscaling to HD worked well with 50 and 100p.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    klausd, can you upload that test file again? Link is down. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12