1. Collapse Details
    Battery Upgrade for JVC GY-DV500
    Hi all, i have a JVC GY-DV500 with the stock flat battery mount on the back. What would you recommend as an upgrade for this battery mount/type? The batteries i use currently only hold about 30 minutes of charge.

2. Collapse Details
    I haven't seen that camera in almost a decade! You can probably replace the NP battery box with an Anton Bauer gold mount. That's the most popular battery mount in North America. In Europe, it's the V-lock mount. There are batteries with both of those mounts that are far higher capacity than the NP-1 batteries.

3. Collapse Details
    I once had two DV5000's (the next, upgraded version of the DV500), and was very satisfied using Anton Bauer gold mount type 90 Wh batteries on them.

This is not a cheap solution for a dozen-year-old camera, though. A mounting plate, two batteries and a charger will cost you about twice what the camera is worth on the used market. It might make sense to consider whether upgrading the whole camera system is a better long-term use of your resources.

- Greg

4. Collapse Details
    If it takes NP1 style batteries, they are still available from places like IDX and we were getting more than 2 hours out of our Lithium versions in our DV5000 cameras.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...thium_Ion.html

Going to a V mount would be a good step up as well, but I don't remember what the mounting screw pattern looks like, might be difficult to find an adapter to fit.