Thread: NLE Color!

1. Collapse Details
    NLE Color!
    Exclamation
    I've been going down the rabbit hole, discovering along the way that Resolve and Premiere appear to have their own versions of color.

VLog is seen differently, as well as LogC. This is surprising, as I expected that Arri's footage would be consistent across the board (more magenta in Premiere).

Lumetri's Luma curve is distorting color incorrectly. Exporting stills of GH5 footage in Premiere will have one version of color when no effect is applied to the clip, but when even an empty Lumetri is applied, the color of exported stills will match the timeline display (which is different from Resolve)

2. Collapse Details
    I use PP for color correction for convenience. Compare the same grade with Resolve and it's pretty obvious to me Resolve does a better job with critical CC.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    I use PP for color correction for convenience. Compare the same grade with Resolve and it's pretty obvious to me Resolve does a better job with critical CC.
    Likewise; I'm trying to do correctives for it. For those shooting VLog:
    http://emotivecolor.com/hlgtovlog.html?v=1.2

I suppose I'll have to do something for ProRes too..

Definitely avoid the luma curve (use Obsolete RGB Curves instead), and Lumetri Color Wheels section