Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dhessel View Post
    I used to but now that there is a provided IDT I no longer do. The workflow is very similar though you just use the IDT rather than the lut. It is really pretty simple to set up I just do the following.

Project Settings -> Color Management -> Color science: Change DaVinci YRGB to ACEScc
    Project Settings -> Color Management -> ACES Output Device Transform: Change to sRGB or Rec709

If all of my footage is in SLOG
    Project Settings -> Color Management -> ACES Input Device Transform: Change to Sony SLog1

This will automatically apply the IDT to all footage added into the Media Pool, if I have mixed footage and want to apply the IDT at the clip level
    Right click on the footage in the Media Pool -> ACES Input Transform -> Sony SLog1

Thats it.
    I did notice that ACES treats colors better than Davinci YRGB. However, I can never grade with any success in the ACES color space. Please tell me if you encounter the same problem:
    It seems that the transform in ACES is slapped at the very end of the grade. So any grading tool you use ends up applying to the original log image. For instance, Lift, Gamma and Gain all have almost the same effect on the image (because they are applied to the log image). I am curious to find out if anyone has found a solution to this problem. I wish I could grade after (not before) the transform is applied.
    On another topic, I saw that you could use ACES as an option in the CST effect (within Davinci YRGB). Does anyone know how that works? So your input would be sgamut and slog and output ACEScc and ACEScc. And then what? How could you apply the IDT of your choice at that point?

2. Collapse Details
    I can't be bothered with ACES. Can't make it work on my end. I use Resolve CST on the General Node for the whole project and I'm done with it. Beautiful everything. Anyway, most of my projects are web based Rec709... so why complicate my life. But honestly, share your findings. Coz, I couldn't make it work.

3. Collapse Details
    Watched this on your Venmo,

Amazing piece, I have bad GAS for an F35 right now.

4. Collapse Details
    Damn @sgttom, must have been on my Vimeo... ha!

Yeah, F35 is a GREAT camera. Still is. Always will. It is special in many ways and there is nothing like it elsewhere.

Just let that GAS free. You won't regret it.

5. Collapse Details
    lol I meant vimeo, for some reason I get those two confused. A production company was trying to pay me for a gig and was asking for my venmo and I thought they were talking about my vimeo account LOL.

I am setting aside money for it right now, along with an Odyssey 7q and V mount battery. I can't really find any other camera that seems to be capable of the same image as the F35 at least not in this price range.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sgttom View Post
    lol I meant vimeo, for some reason I get those two confused. A production company was trying to pay me for a gig and was asking for my venmo and I thought they were talking about my vimeo account LOL.

I am setting aside money for it right now, along with an Odyssey 7q and V mount battery. I can't really find any other camera that seems to be capable of the same image as the F35 at least not in this price range.
    You are right about that. The F35 in this price range is totally unique. If I had the $ I would buy every single one available on eBay right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123