Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Essami View Post
    On my unit the audio is distorted when listening to from the O7Q+ audio headphones out when in 4K raw -> Full HD mode.
    Report it to Convergent Design off their website or maybe contact Dan Keaton from C-D. He has left his contact info here on the forum or even PM him. And did you read several posts above. Your audio may still be in the file.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
    Report it to Convergent Design off their website or maybe contact Dan Keaton from C-D. He has left his contact info here on the forum or even PM him. And did you read several posts above. Your audio may still be in the file.
    Oh, yes the audio is fine on the files once you bring them to the computer. I was just adding a comment to the multitude of small bugs the firmware has in regards to playback of audio and video so users are aware of what to expect.
    BMPCC4K, Sony FS700 with O7Q+, Bolex 16mm, Canon 1014XL-S super8.

Visit my site: www.samisanpakkila.com

3. Collapse Details
    So this issues has still not been addressed yet? I can tell you it hasn't because I just got off a tv commercial shoot and could not playback audio off the 7Q for the agency and director. Freaking embarrassing. I have contacted CD directly, they have got to fix this.

4. Collapse Details
    Let us know if they're still in business.

5. Collapse Details
    They responded to my email the other week to say they're looking into Prores Raw, so they are still working way!

Cinematographer, Editor
    FS700
    / A6300 / GoPro Hero 6
    Documentary
    / Filmmaking / Corporate video

6. Collapse Details
    That's great...should make existing owners happy to hear.

7. Collapse Details
    I love my Odyssey 7Q but... since Mitch left I feel that Convergent Design stopped being the innovative and dynamic company it once was.

Sure it's already packed with features and still is a great add-on for an FS7 or even an Alexa.

But where are the new products ? Some years ago we where shown a DCP server prototype named Athena if I recall correctly. I found this was a great idea to have something like a Doremi but at a much softer price. Then nothing. Not a word to say if they would make it or not. There. Lack of communication from this company is what's hurting them the most at the moment, in my opinion. Heck, even NorBro asked if they were still in business ! Also, some are still waiting for important bug fixes.

Sooner or later we will have a tsunami of new cameras, probably recording 8K though I still don't know if we will have some 6K sensors to make the transition from 4K to 8K. Probably not since there is no 6K standard but I don't see yet how the manufacturers will make us swallow the 8K pill. Maybe they will be smart for once and keep 8K for FF sensors while improving 4K on S35 size (hello rolling shutter and dynamic range !) Then we will probably have Atomos making a new recorder for those new cameras. I think this company is the one hurting C-D the much on their business, they probably took a large piece of the market share. Sink or swim they will have to come up with something competitive as well.

Let's just hope they will continue to support the Odyssey 7Q and 7Q+ some more years, I do hope to use my FS7 at least as much !
    Last edited by S.Blanchardon; 01-27-2019 at 03:39 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    It's a real shame we haven't seen anything from CD for so long. I own both and Odyssey and an Atomos recorder and the Odyssey is built far better and for me is the one i'd rather take on set. That being said, some of the bugs are annoying and do need to be fixed, especially if they want to keep selling units or new models for higher resolution cameras when they come out. I also contacted CD about Prores raw right at the start of the year and they got back to me pretty quickly saying they were testing it. I think the more people that badger them about prores raw, the more likely we'll see it along with a new firmware upgrade...I feel that prores raw would give our FS700's a longer lease of life

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    The 7q is a great product...when it works properly. I find it very stressful reviewing footage, especially w a client over my shoulder, whether I can get clip(s) to play back consistently. I don't think I've ever been able to bump around to various clips without it eventually acting up. The only rock solid play back I get is when I select the entire list and let it rip through all the clips...obviously not practical on set.

I'm hoping CD survives...and I hope the 7q has a future...but it has been quiet for an awful long time.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Maybe it's time for one of these...$300 off, 24 hours.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/dealZone.jsp

Inferno.jpg

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast