Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I saw these at NAB too. Nice solid build and uniform shape/size. I have the other micro 4/3 lenses from SLR Magic. I just wish these came in the M4/3 mount too.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sttratos View Post
    Why would anybody think he said the 25mm cannot cover S35? If it covers FF it covers S35. Of course he said 25mm FOV is not wide enough for S35.
    It was that it was stated without any context that threw me off. If I said "The 28mm Otus is not wide enough for S35 cameras." would you agree with that statement? Is that a factually correct statement?

Absent the context that the 25mm is the widest currently available lens in the line, it isn't factual to say that the 25mm in and of itself is "not wide enough" for S35. It is plenty wide if all you ever use primes for is to shoot interviews. If you are not aware that the A7 III is a FF sensor camera, and I would not assume that everyone knows that it is, then you would not know that he said it covers FF.
    Big sources matter.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    It was that it was stated without any context that threw me off. If I said "The 28mm Otus is not wide enough for S35 cameras." would you agree with that statement? Is that a factually correct statement?

Absent the context that the 25mm is the widest currently available lens in the line, it isn't factual to say that the 25mm in and of itself is "not wide enough" for S35. It is plenty wide if all you ever use primes for is to shoot interviews. If you are not aware that the A7 III is a FF sensor camera, and I would not assume that everyone knows that it is, then you would not know that he said it covers FF.

Well, the thread is clearly about full frame cine lenses. He says 25mm is not wide enough for S35. I don't see what's to be misunderstood. Sorry.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sttratos View Post
    Well, the thread is clearly about full frame cine lenses. He says 25mm is not wide enough for S35. I don't see what's to be misunderstood. Sorry.
    No apology needed. Just consider that because it was not misunderstood by you does not dictate that it was not misunderstood anyone and could not be misunderstood by anyone. All I did was to clarify a statement.

I'm still curious as to why the iris on the 75mm is of opposite rotation from the other lenses in the set...and if this will be the case in the production model. If so, that could be a pain. Generally you want all the lenses in a set to have the same rotational direction for iris and focus.
    Big sources matter.

5. Collapse Details
    Video about the lenses:

6. Collapse Details
    No PL?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12