Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1200
  1. Collapse Details
    I’m not comfortable beating up on any camera, & certainly not one many will enjoy using, but for context here’s where I’m getting my information from.

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    Whomever was reporting this was incorrect. The most you will lose when recording ProRes is the last 5 seconds of footage.
    I’ve been obliged to shoot on the URSA Mini Pro a handful of times, & once lost power while recording ProRes without corrupting the entire clip, so was a bit surprised when I watched Max Yuryev’s review where he discusses experiencing exactly that problem on the P4K.

Fast forward to the 10 minute mark.
    https://youtu.be/ju2Q1Tv-2Aw

This is partly misinformation and FUD. Many people have shared positive results, and even those that are having issues are only speculating that it is due to sensor stack thickness based on an old quote from Metabones speculating about the original Pocket.
    Oddly BMCuser locked this thread, seemingly without explanation.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...s-on-the-BMP4K

Also a bit surprised no one on BMCuser had better quality fast glass to run tests on. Was tempted to take possession of my P4K just so I could properly test better lenses on it, but knew I’d never hold onto the camera due to the inconsistent battery performance, & would have felt guilty returning it.

And of course there’s Brian Caldwell’s opinion...

Its true that Blackmagic cameras have no anti-aliasing filter. But they do have an IR blocking filter and a coverglass. The total thickness of those two pieces of glass is 2.4mm, which is 1.6mm less than the 4mm of glass found in standard m4/3 cameras. That 1.6mm difference is a problem, and causes high speed m4/3 lenses to perform less well on BM cameras than they do on regular m4/3 cameras.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986466404

I have the current version of that lens and OIS works fine. I also have the 100-300 and OIS works fine.
    Max Y. discusses problems with the focus throw, & OIS, at the 4:10 minute mark.
    https://youtu.be/ju2Q1Tv-2Aw

And even according to your own spreadsheet OIS on the original 12-35mm is unreliable
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Wl1s/htmlview#

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    I just tried this on GH5, recording continuously until battery expired.

The battery low icon started flashing, alternating between a solid red and a solid white, after a few minutes of this camera stopped recording, closed the file, went to an orderly shutdown, displayed "Lumix," then off. Did not lose any data nor corrupt the file.
    On several occasions I’ve had OEM batteries die in my GH5, & seen it happen on others bodies too, but it never resulted in lost, or corrupted footage.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    I just tried this on GH5, recording continuously until battery expired.

The battery low icon started flashing, alternating between a solid red and a solid white, after a few minutes of this camera stopped recording, closed the file, went to an orderly shutdown, displayed "Lumix," then off. Did not lose any data nor corrupt the file.
    The only time I have experienced an issue was when I changed a battery in the battery grip before shutting down the camera. It corrupted the file. Seems this happens whether one has the expensive Panasonic battery grip or the cheap Amazon grip I have. Since I learned this I shut off the camera before changing the battery in the grip and all has been well. So having a grip is no way to run continuously unless you definately wait for the power to shift to the internal battery I am told. I have since bought a Case Relay system that works just fine to change batteries. I have the same experience of actually running out of battery power as Tom on a test a I did. Orderly shut down and no corrupted file.

4. Collapse Details
    - I saw Max's video, as well. With all due respect, he's a nice guy and it's fun watching him build klick-ass custom PCs, but he obviously didn't spend long with the camera, or verify his opinions. BMD has directly refuted this claim, and it is easy to verify for oneself that it isn't the case.

- Caldwell's "opinion" has never been verified by BMD, and we certainly know one thing is technically incorrect - there is no "standard" MFT sensor stack thickness. That said, something *is* going on with some lenses at the extremes of very wide and very fast, but exactly what is currently just speculation. If your work depends on those kinds of lenses being absolutely wide open, then the Pocket 4K is probably not for you.

- Like I said, OIS works on version II of the 12-35 f/2.8. I don't have an older copy, so going on anecdotal reports. I haven't seen a confirmable report of any Olympus OIS glass not working.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    The only time I have experienced an issue was when I changed a battery in the battery grip before shutting down the camera. It corrupted the file. Seems this happens whether one has the expensive Panasonic battery grip or the cheap Amazon grip I have. Since I learned this I shut off the camera before changing the battery in the grip and all has been well. So having a grip is no way to run continuously unless you definately wait for the power to shift to the internal battery I am told. I have since bought a Case Relay system that works just fine to change batteries. I have the same experience of actually running out of battery power as Tom on a test a I did. Orderly shut down and no corrupted file.
    I've only once corrupted a GH5 file by accidentally popping-out the battery while still recording.

6. Collapse Details
    I’ve only seen a few of Max’s videos, & as you said he seems like a nice guy, but I don’t put much weight in his reviews. Same with PhotoJoseph, & most other bloggers

Brian Caldwell is a whole other story, & I agree with him on the Sensor Stack thickness being an issue. Even fast wide lenses bloomed more on the original Pocket camera then they did on Panasonic, or Olympus bodies, & it had nothing to do with FOV.

That said I am looking forward to a reliable source doing a comprehensive review of the P4K.

7. Collapse Details
    Tilta’s cage system for the P4K has some interesting options, & is well priced too.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/10/...-the-bmpcc-4k/

8. Collapse Details
    Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Review
    by Erik Naso

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/12/...era-4k-review/

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Review
    by Erik Naso

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/12/...era-4k-review/
    Thank you sir!
    Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

10. Collapse Details
    I can't find that S1/R rumor thread, but it looks like official specs coming this week or so...along with an announcement for the new Olympus E-M1X:

https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/upc...se-soon-after/

Olympus.jpg
    Up awwow haappyy...down awwow scaawwyy.

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120