Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    As I've said, I'm waiting to see real video from this camera before I make any judgments on image quality, cynical until the end.

There is one company (maybe more?) building a user swapped OLPF for the current (previous?) pocket, pull an Oring, pull the installed glass filter, insert the OLPF, insert a new Oring to hold it in place. Not the most simple method, but not rocket surgery either.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    please share what the GH6 will bring us.........
    If it came out next year:

4k 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 w/120fps 8-bit 420
    Internal ProRes RAW
    USB-C port
    GH5s lowlight + GH5 IBIS
    +1 stop DR
    < $2K

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post

Internal ProRes RAW
    USB-C port
    GH5s lowlight + GH5 IBIS
    +1 stop DR
    < $2K
    You are describing the Zcam E2 with the addition of 120FPS 4K 10 bit
    https://youtu.be/_xieQbi6Gc8

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    As I've said, I'm waiting to see real video from this camera before I make any judgments on image quality, cynical until the end.

There is one company (maybe more?) building a user swapped OLPF for the current (previous?) pocket, pull an Oring, pull the installed glass filter, insert the OLPF, insert a new Oring to hold it in place. Not the most simple method, but not rocket surgery either.
    Based on the other BM camera designs and assuming this one is the same, a new OLPF isn't going to be an option for many if you have to remove the greenish-blue IR filter. Even though doing that isn't very difficult, it would expose the sensor to possible dust and/or damage (in case you dropped it back in while removing it as it will fit through when rotated, or anything else). But that's really the worst case.

Currently, there is also an option for the older cameras that goes on top of the IR filter, which would probably be a bit easier/less risky to install for most...

5. Collapse Details

Internal ProRes RAW
    USB-C port
    GH5s lowlight + GH5 IBIS
    +1 stop DR
    < $2K
    GH5 and GH5S already have USB-C. I would like a firmware update to record to an external drive like the T5 too at the moment it is used for tethering and connection to PC for download of data from cards. Only other interest to me would be the UHD60P 10bit would save getting a Ninja V.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    The GH5s is a niche camera if there ever was one. I think it's ludicrous to think that the BMPCC4K won't substantially eat into the market of a competitor that costs twice as much for inferior PQ.
    To be fair the Pocket is also a niche camera. The film making community is a very tiny fraction of those that purchase cameras. There is event video, corporate video, sports, vlogging, documentary, news, seminar, concert and many other types of users out there. I agree the GH5S didnít make sense for those users but then neither does the Pocket really. Users went nuts mainly due to the lack of IBIS on the GH5S. Those same users are likely going to still consider that a major fault of the Pocket. There are also a ton of users out there freaking out over auto focus which the Pocket doesnít really have at all. It has push to focus but no continuous auto focus. Those two points alone are going to put off a ton of buyers. Not saying I agree with those users but itís a thing.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by optitek View Post
    You are describing the Zcam E2 with the addition of 120FPS 4K 10 bit
    https://youtu.be/_xieQbi6Gc8
    And minus everything else about the GHx line

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post

RAWLITE and Mosaic are the main two that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Based on the other BM camera designs and assuming this one is the same, a new OLPF isn't going to be an option for many if you have to remove the greenish-blue IR filter. Even though doing that isn't very difficult, it would expose the sensor to possible dust and/or damage (in case you dropped it back in while removing it as it will fit through when rotated, or anything else). But that's really the worst case.

Currently, there is also an option for the older cameras that goes on top of the IR filter, which would probably be a bit easier/less risky to install for most...
    RAWLITE for example make their OLPF an IR / OLPF filter.

JB
    Cinematographer
    Sydney Australia
    www.johnbrawley.com
    I also have a blog

9. Collapse Details

Internal ProRes RAW
    USB-C port
    GH5s lowlight + GH5 IBIS
    +1 stop DR
    < $2K
    Donít forget focus assist during recording.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    To be fair the Pocket is also a niche camera. The film making community is a very tiny fraction of those that purchase cameras. There is event video, corporate video, sports, vlogging, documentary, news, seminar, concert and many other types of users out there. I agree the GH5S didn’t make sense for those users but then neither does the Pocket really. Users went nuts mainly due to the lack of IBIS on the GH5S. Those same users are likely going to still consider that a major fault of the Pocket. There are also a ton of users out there freaking out over auto focus which the Pocket doesn’t really have at all. It has push to focus but no continuous auto focus. Those two points alone are going to put off a ton of buyers. Not saying I agree with those users but it’s a thing.
    There's also the never actually shoots anything community, a group that buys more cameras than anyone.

Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast