Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,219 of 1219
  1. Collapse Details
    I haven't used the 14 copies (14 cameras) of the software I received in 5-6 years (sold them), so that's going to depend on the user.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Really $1000 because of the $300 included software.
    I bought my GH5S when it was released, and I paid the full $2495 + Tax. Now it's $2295, so if you included the cost of full Resolve, it's $1300 more expensive. Something tells me that Panny will soon announce ProRes RAW via paid firmware upgrade sometime in April.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Really $1000 because of the $300 included software.
    Yes but if you already have the software like me its still $1300. I too bought the GH5S when it came out at full price and it has been great. Also have the GH5. One has to compare products at the time of purchase not promises for the future. All these cameras have their place. That's why everyone does not have the same camera or car for that matter. It will be interesting to see what Panasonic does next as the GH5S also has the USB C connector that is not used for much !!! For me BRAW over USB C to portable SSD like the pocket would be better than ProRes RAW.

4. Collapse Details
    $1,300 is still $1,300 out of my bank account no matter what is included in that price. Thats why I don't really factor in the "hey you get $300 software for free". Its a great perk but I think its silly to say its a $1,000 camera like one is magically only paying $1,000. No they are paying $1,300 with or without the software. BMD can give Resolve away for free because it doesn't cost them anything to do so. It's there as a means to sell and support hardware and frankly its an amazing strategy for them. Braw totally seals the deal but it is still a $1,300 camera.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Just added a GH5s which I will have when my daughter visits in a month...very excited to have the combination of the 5 and the 5s...it will be a very potent combination for my use and came with a whole bunch of extra little perks for the same discounted price as just the body! Though I'll shoot less with the S, it will give me those very important shots I cannot really control with the 5, yet they sometimes occur even in narrative!...for me these two are going to make one rather perfect camera!

6. Collapse Details
    Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Grip announced at NAB.

New camera grip holds 2 L‑Series batteries for over 2 hours of non‑stop shooting!

Designed for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, the new Pocket Battery Grip lets you replace the camera’s standard LP‑E6 battery with two L‑series batteries so you can shoot for over 2 hours on a single charge! It’s perfect for anyone that needs to shoot for extended periods of time. Featuring a unique carbon fiber design, non‑slip hand grips, and a slide out tray that holds 2 L‑series batteries, the Pocket Battery Grip also makes it easier to hold the camera on longer shoots. L‑Series batteries are standard batteries used for a variety of professional lighting equipment, so they’re readily available. You can even charge the batteries in the grip via the camera’s 12V DC connection in between takes!

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...ra/accessories

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    Pretty much a must have for this camera, considering the short life of the standard battery....

Which adds another $245 to the budget. Still, a nice thing to have.
    John Vincent
    Evil Genius Entertainment.com

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    If only they had designed it better, like the battery grip for the GH4/GH5. I love how I can keep a battery in the GH5 before attaching the grip, which allows me to hot-swap batteries without losing power to the camera.
    Benjamin Bettenhausen
    Mahalo Video
    www.mahalovideo.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jdv View Post
    Pretty much a must have for this camera, considering the short life of the standard battery....

Which adds another $245 to the budget. Still, a nice thing to have.
    Im guessing there will be chinese knockoffs available in a couple of months

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122