Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    and I you won't have any MLUTs onboard the camera.
    I'm hoping they'll put a "Gamma Display Assist" (what I'd call an MLUT) on there, similar to the A7 cams - ideally, I wouldn't want to monitor the SLog3 signal.

Ben.
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

www.bengiles.co.uk
    @MatoboLtd

2. Collapse Details
    I think that is exactly what you are going to get. The camera definately has GDA.
    Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
    http://www.dougjensen.com/

3. Collapse Details
    I've got a few questions on the z280 for anyone who might have used it at NAB:

1. Can the digital zoom be used like other cams in HD where it seamlessly passes from optical to digital during a zoom?
    2. Is the zoom speed super slow (like my PX270's from Panasonic)?
    3. Is there an equivalent PTZ cam that would match quickly without too much painting?

I mostly shoot corporate presos, dark theater performances, and live streams (and IMAG). I don't need 4K yet but it's nice to know it's there for crop-ins. Someone said the SDI output latency is almost non-existent. This thing looks like a winner as an upgrade.

4. Collapse Details
    Good questions Doyle.

In advance of anyone with direct knowledge of PTZ question, this looks like the closest PTZ camera in Sony's lineup to match the EX cams with 3 1/2" sensors and paint controls.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._hd_3cmos.html

5. Collapse Details
    My biggest beef with the Sony EX3 (which I still own), is that I was so used to the ENG way of putting my left hand over the lens to zoom and focus, and right hand on the tripod handle when shooting performances. At work, sometimes I might use a Panny 170 where I can shoot that way. I hope the new cam will have space underneath the handle where I can shoot that way again (without changing the tripod arm of course)
    Also, will the lens be able to slow zoom without the stuttering that Sony ex3s had been known for?

6. Collapse Details
    Libec made a zoom controller for the EX3 that removed most of the judder when doing a creep zoom. If you intend to use the EX3, you will probably be able to pick up a cheap used one.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789