Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    OK thanks Brian - i guess will have to test it

2. Collapse Details
    P.S. - how does this compare to the DVX200 which i currently own - DVX200 has a 4/3" sensor, much larger than the 3 CMOS 1/2"?
    Thanks again!

3. Collapse Details
    A couple of queries from a current GH4 owner who was going to go GH5s, but may not

I often shoot theatre/stage shows with 2 cameras, and appreciate that I'll be able to hook up the TC between the two (that's a great start).

So....
    - Does anyone have info if the TC in this is pretty tight and won't drop frames over time ?
    - Is there a capability to save settings (Paint, etc) from one camera and transmit or save them to an SD and put it in another Z280 to match them ?
    - I keep reading a constant 1.9 aperture (great) but not a shallow DOF - I'm hoping to use this for interviews, etc - but would hope I would get some bokeh out of this, albeit from a longer distance.
    - Will the Z280 be able to livestream through the Ethernet as well ?
    - If you attach a dual reciever (MI compatible) for lavalier microphones (UWP-D I think), can you split each channel off to a separate channel on the Z280 (ie left to Ch1, Right to Ch 2) ? I like the ability to mix in an atmos microphone too AND a boom if i need
    - Is there a shoulder rig that suits this ?
    - Is there a possibility of using VLock with this ?

It's all about future proofing
    Last edited by bigmouthmedia; 06-24-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Big Mouth Media Digital
    Theatre Show Promos | Red Carpet | Vox Pops | Show Archival | Corporates | Video Newsletters | Sizzle Reels | Promotions

4. Collapse Details
    Another question (I'll be testing this in the next week or so) - can this shoot at 25p and produce anything that looks remotely filmic ? I'm a bit concerned this'll be a 'video look' type of camera. Which might lead me over the FS7ii.
    Big Mouth Media Digital
    Theatre Show Promos | Red Carpet | Vox Pops | Show Archival | Corporates | Video Newsletters | Sizzle Reels | Promotions

5. Collapse Details
    Good news, our local video shop has got in a couple for demos - I'm going to be testing it tomorrow and will shoot as much footage as possible in variations (25p/50p/SLog3) and see what I get.
    Big Mouth Media Digital

6. Collapse Details
    maybe you want to chime in with your expericences of the camera in hand.

7. Collapse Details
    Z280 - Test Footage !
    Hi Morgan,

So had a good look at it today (could've spent longer, but had to get back to the office !). Obviously shooting without having a full brief and just picking random things is always a bit different, but this'll give you a better idea of how it looks.
    I shot everything in 25p in a mix between UHD and HD, with a shot in S & Q 60p (which looks good). I did try shooting S & Q out to my Atomos but it came out very choppy and jagged, so not sure what goes on there.

Not being familiar with Sony menus, I had to dig to find Slog 3 - you have to change the operating mode from SDR to HDR and then HDR settings in the paint menu. A lot of my Slog test footage was very grainy, so I've not included it here - I'm sure with more experience, it'd be fine.
    It's quite a beefy camera, and tried to put it on my shoulder rig, but the ergonomics don't lend them selves to what I was using and still trying to handhold with the zoom rocker in your hand. It was fine on my Manfrotto monopod however, you just have to balance it.

The aperture is constant unless you put it on auto, so everything was shot at 1.9 to get some form of depth of field. Macro is also something you can switch on and off and seems to do pretty well.
    Didn't test audio, and was only the internal microphone recording at the time.

If you shoot in XAVI-L you can only do 1920x1080p50 and a few other variations, so in XAVI-I you get 3840 x 2160 25p, 23.976, 50, etc.

For a run and gun (and for nice b-roll shots), it probably doesn't have the creaminess of a GH5s (which I also own) but it certainly doesn't look too 'videolike' as I thought it might have been.

Hope this helps !

Video - On 25p UHD timeline, exported at 1920 x 1080.

https://youtu.be/rhdlOXYxwU4
    Last edited by bigmouthmedia; 07-12-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    Big Mouth Media Digital

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910