Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah I met Juan when he saw me post about a problem I had with the precursor to Sony Catalyst . He immediately emailed me , asked for the problem file and in a month emailed me to say the problem had been corrected in Sony Content Browser. From then on I could always contact him with any problem at all and get an answer right away. He would intervene if I had issues with Sony Repair and called me for suggestions about the FS7 before heading to a meeting in japan. Sorely missed along with Mel Medina who was cut from the same cloth.
    I was not big spender with Sony but I sure got that kind of treatment.

Anyone know who the Sony US customer rep is for the FS7 now? I don't.

2. Collapse Details
    Didn't even know Juan had been let go. Big loss.

About the forums, can we really be surprised? It's Sony.

This lack of touch with the customer base is why I think Venice might fail as the F65 did before it. Arri still supports the D21. Try to get Sony to do anything about the F23 and F35.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    Ever seen a Sony rep post here or on Reduser? Me neither.
    Why would a Sony Rep ever post on reduser?!
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sttratos View Post
    This lack of touch with the customer base is why I think Venice might fail as the F65 did before it. Arri still supports the D21. Try to get Sony to do anything about the F23 and F35.
    Time will tell. However the level of thought and user-focussed design that's gone into Venice, honestly suggests a shift in approach by Sony (to my eyes at least).

I get the impression they're finally catching on to the very needy, and very specific requirements of their pro users.

5. Collapse Details
    With the Sony Pro Community, the customer received personal attention, a timeline for updates, features, useful information, helpful tips. That added value, and incentivized a purchase. It was a community, and that may have been what Sony was in fear of. It seems pretty important to Red to have one. Seems pretty important to BMD, and Panasonic. All have active communities. In fact, if Sony had anything to fear, it's that the community continues without them on a site that began with Panasonic focus, dvxuser.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Time will tell.
    I get the impression they're finally catching on to the very needy, and very specific requirements of their pro users.
    Oh, I hope you are right... but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    It was a community, and that may have been what Sony was in fear of.
    This also can feel very true at times.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Why would a Sony Rep ever post on reduser?!
    For the same reason, that a Panasonic rep (i.e. Mitch ) might post in a Canon thread here. Perhaps educate, inform or simply offer a differ point of view.

8. Collapse Details
    Why would Sony be afraid of an educated User base? Anyone know a top person at Sony we could all lobby to get the community or something like it back. It really sucks to not have it.
    I may have an address - I'll look for it.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    Why would Sony be afraid of an educated User base?
    I think there could have been two factors.

1.) A never ending feature request. The more Sony gave, the more people demanded. They were never satisfied and sometimes whined openly, "Why can't Sony give me free features to make my F5 like the F55?"
    2.) Customer repair service experiences. Some were good, some were bad, most were expensive. Or a few people could have isolated issues that would escalate into demands for a recall or a fix for all, people who might not otherwise have been aware if not for the community.

I think Sony is more comfortable controlling the support than they are with users sharing experiences. My $0.02

10. Collapse Details
    You make a lot of sense. I'll bet you're right. I guess I'm guilty of posting the "never ending feature request" quite a few times, though I tried to limit myself to simple things that were do-able but would create a lot of value.

Too bad though as it no doubt made the camera itself better especially when it came out initially and had a lot of bugs. I think the user feedback improved Sony's own knowledge.
    At least we have DVXuser. I hope they are smart enough to at least have someone checking user forums like this one. Stupid if they just stay inside their own bubble.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast