Thread: 4k bmpcc

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Again, you can just tap the screen and direct the focus as people currently do.
    My humble little Canon Rebel SL2 does this extremely well in stills mode.
    I haven't even thought to check to see if it works in video mode, but I'm sure it could since my Samsung NX1 did that with ease several years ago. AND you could program the speed at which focus moved from one point to another.
    ...why on Earth did I ever sell that camera??
    (Oh yeah, the good Samsung lenses were very expensive and everything went out of production after 3 years...)
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

2. Collapse Details
    It was sad to see Samsung go but they knew what they were doing...they aren't dumb and wanted to sell something people actually buy:

"Samsung ended 2017 with 21.9% market share in the worldwide smartphone market, according to new data released on Tuesday by researcher TrendForce. Samsung shipped more than 310 million units during the period, according to TrendForce."

http://fortune.com/2018/02/13/apple-...-market-share/

---

And that's why cameras like the BMPCC 4K and the GH5/S are so popular and so important because the days of buying expensive cameras are absolutely - ABSOLUTELY - over for 99% of humans.

Sure, you could have said that with other BM cameras and the GH4 and others, but specs are better than ever for the lowest prices ever.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    It was sad to see Samsung go but they knew what they were doing...they aren't dumb and wanted to sell something people actually buy:

"Samsung ended 2017 with 21.9% market share in the worldwide smartphone market, according to new data released on Tuesday by researcher TrendForce. Samsung shipped more than 310 million units during the period, according to TrendForce."

http://fortune.com/2018/02/13/apple-...-market-share/

---

And that's why cameras like the BMPCC 4K and the GH5/S are so popular and so important because the days of buying expensive cameras are absolutely - ABSOLUTELY - over for 99% of humans.

Sure, you could have said that with other BM cameras and the GH4 and others, but specs are better than ever for the lowest prices ever.
    That depends on the market segment. Red has an $80k camera body- the most expensive ever for them. Arri has a 90K+ camera body- most expensive one you can buy in a while. Sony with their bare bone $50K body, more like 60k + realistically. Canon with their $45k body flag ship. The high end is definitely more expensive than it was in the past- at least the recent decade...

4. Collapse Details
    Yup...and that's the 1%.

Also, with cameras like the F35 once costing $250,000...I don't know. I think it bounces around a lot.

The next few years should be really interesting. (I guess you could always say that as time marches on.)

5. Collapse Details
    I have a humble question. Will the high-speed usb 3.1 usb type-c flash drives be usable ?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kurth View Post
    I have a humble question. Will the high-speed usb 3.1 usb type-c flash drives be usable ?
    Flash drives will not work, they have terrible sustained speeds.

SSDs with USB 3.0 or higher will work fine through a type c connection.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    These massive negative conversions are likely never seen by BMD.
    Blackmagic Design

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    so the smallest solution would be an m.2 enclosure .....500gb for less than 150us. Somebody will release a integrated enclosure that makes use of the type c port, in an extended grip....3d printed. Drop out m.2's in their own sub-enclosure.....a kinda of magazine. I think that's one of the most exciting things about this camera....exciting , as in, like minidv exciting !
    ....so much more immediate.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    It will be amazing, but for narrative drama, thereís still an element of performance in focus pulling that isnít always about being ďin focusĒ. The timing of focus pulls, the speed that happens, which can change take to take with performance. These nuances are hard to allow for even in a scenario where the camera can distinguish between two different faces and focus on them accurately.

Iím sure weíre not far from the facebook / LR / Apple iPhone X style facial recognition where it knows your face and can find it in real time, BUT, thatís still not storytelling. Thatís just getting a face in focus.

JB
    With ever increasing resolutions the focusing flaws are out there to see. At least for us mere mortals it is the case now. The topnotch hollywood guys can still focus in full HD in shallow depth of fields. With 8K and beyond the margin of error is even less. What used to be "nice focus pulls" will be over due to the super duper high resolutions and beyond. Till that happens, enjoy those organic focus pulls. The iphone generation will dictate what is good. They won't care what a few professionals want. for eg look at the obnoxious vertical videos. Recently for a corporate promo, I was given a bunch of such and I had a heart attack( nearly).

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by indiawilds View Post
    The iphone generation will dictate what is good. They won't care what a few professionals want. for eg look at the obnoxious vertical videos. Recently for a corporate promo, I was given a bunch of such and I had a heart attack( nearly).
    And what gets me the most are the people that work in television that do this! They know better and still act like every other boob out there.

One of the many things that Blackberry(RIM) got right: when you held the their devices in a normal-use orientation(vertically), the sensor was oriented horizontally, so the video was horizontal like it should have been.

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast