Thread: 4k bmpcc

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Super strange indeed!

Which is a pity!! As I wish that statement wasn't so strange.... because if it had a flip out screen it might be a perfect camera for me and my vlog! (all there is left to add would be IBIS, as of course the vlog is handheld)
    So its missing flip out screen, IBIS , doesn't have comprehensive auto focus and its still perfect for you ? Not sure what it does have for your application.

2. Collapse Details
    "URSA have it and it is nir fully functional"
    You mean the one with that stupidly huge flip out? No one's talking about something like that.

"fix screen is ok and completely usable"
    From one angle.

I think BMD is still conflicted over functionality vs size...as that clip of Petty so clearly points out. I'm a bit surprised the interviewer didn't say "Wait..what?"
    Fixed screens are a hold-over from still cams..where one can use bracketing, adequate autofocus and post proc (inc reframinig) to allow "spray and pray" when high angle shooting, for example.
    Last edited by Gweilo66; 04-18-2018 at 12:07 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    [IMG]http://nakedfilmmaking.com/2013/04/2...sk-lenses-080/[/IMG]

What was Kubrick thinking without an adjustable eyepiece?

4. Collapse Details
    Kubrick wasn't known for his vlogging or wedding films...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo66 View Post
    Kubrick wasn't known for his vlogging or wedding films...
    Thankfully he wasn't. But if he had the inclination he'd slap a 7.5mm Laowa lens on the camera and press the button that was conveniently put there for that purpose and that would be the end of the 'theres no articulating monitor' bitch fest.

6. Collapse Details
    Ah..sorry if you've been offended by that. Well..not really.

7. Collapse Details
    Video about the new Black Magic (Coat) Pocket 4K camera

Seams like the Micro Four Thirds system will continue to get support for a while.

8. Collapse Details
    Wish it didn't look like FisherPrice designed the outside of the chassis. Otherwise it looks like it might be good.

9. Collapse Details
    There's only so much you can do with plastic. The big heat sink behind the sensor gives it that big nose. Having a plastic shell rather than metal, that insulates rather than dissipates, doesn't help. Still, I wonder how the GH5/s get rid of the heat in such a small package. The Ursas also have very big heat sinks. Keeping that sensor temperature down keeps image noise down. BM engineers may just be doing a more conservative design than Panasonic when it comes to heat and reliability.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    There's only so much you can do with plastic. The big heat sink behind the sensor gives it that big nose. Having a plastic shell rather than metal, that insulates rather than dissipates, doesn't help. Still, I wonder how the GH5/s get rid of the heat in such a small package. The Ursas also have very big heat sinks. Keeping that sensor temperature down keeps image noise down. BM engineers may just be doing a more conservative design than Panasonic when it comes to heat and reliability.
    I think right there describes part of the cost difference between the two cameras. It isn't cheap to make a compact camera shoot 4k video and dissipate heat well with a massive amount of processing power to handle a h.264 encoding and noise reduction in camera. BMD uses a lot of engineering shortcuts to make the camera a reality and doesn't have the engineering infrastructure to make things super tiny and efficient. Nothing wrong with their approach but nobody builds a camera like this for half the price of the GH5S without some engineering compromises. BMD makes darn good cameras for what they do but they would never win an engineering award when up against a camera like the GH5.

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast