Thread: 4k bmpcc

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jimagine View Post
    We never preorder cams but I had a pair of these in my B&H cart within an hour of the release.
    I'm considering two now as well. Want to play with the one first and see how it goes. Being used to the URSA, I can't see how it will disappoint, though.
    Screenwriter
    Los Angeles Center Studios Offices

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kurth View Post
    so the smallest solution would be an m.2 enclosure .....500gb for less than 150us. Somebody will release a integrated enclosure that makes use of the type c port, in an extended grip....3d printed. Drop out m.2's in their own sub-enclosure.....a kinda of magazine. I think that's one of the most exciting things about this camera....exciting , as in, like minidv exciting !
    ....so much more immediate.
    this will probably be the m.2 of choice ...for the moment... http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor...nsumer/960evo/

3. Collapse Details
    John (Brawlster),

is it possible the Pocket4K can be upgraded via future firmware to include the ProRes 4444 flavors? It would be awesome to have 12 bit depth for those who don't want to shoot RAW.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    John (Brawlster),

is it possible the Pocket4K can be upgraded via future firmware to include the ProRes 4444 flavors? It would be awesome to have 12 bit depth for those who don't want to shoot RAW.
    What I’m hearing is that they aren’t planning to do that sadly. I shoot ProRes444 most of the time.

JB
    Cinematographer
    Sydney Australia
    www.johnbrawley.com
    I also have a blog

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    What I’m hearing is that they aren’t planning to do that sadly. I shoot ProRes444 most of the time.

JB
    Huge disappointment if true! Any reason behind this? Is it technically possible?(opens a window of hope if they decide later down the line).

6. Collapse Details
    A lot of BMPC users wanted the 444 and 444XQ after the UM4K was announced (same sensor), but never received it...

7. Collapse Details
    I have a feeling there might be a technical reason for it. ProRes 12bit might be harder as it’s encoded than RAW 12 bit. From memory that's why it wasn't on the first pocket.

JB
    Last edited by John Brawley; 05-20-2018 at 09:01 PM.
    Cinematographer
    Sydney Australia
    www.johnbrawley.com
    I also have a blog

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    I have a feeling there might be a technical reason for it. ProRes 12bit might be harder as it’s encoded than RAW 12 bit. From memory that's why it wasn't on the first pocket.

JB
    John....will you be a beta tester ?

9. Collapse Details

JB
    Im not expert but I beleive 444prores is very innefficient space/processor wise vs raw - it would never be sensible when one is at design limits for heat and processing power - its a nice have on bigger cams but ultimately on a 'pocket' camer you are just grabbing data and heavy lifting happens in post.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Im not expert but I beleive 444prores is very innefficient space/processor wise vs raw - it would never be sensible when one is at design limits for heat and processing power - its a nice have on bigger cams but ultimately on a 'pocket' camer you are just grabbing data and heavy lifting happens in post.
    It's definitely less efficient space wise. 4K ProRes 444 is huge. It's actually pretty easy on the processor side of things (not including the image processing that goes along with color grading, obviously -- that's dependent entirely on whatever you do in color grade), but requires a lot of disk bandwidth.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast