Thread: 50/60P Upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    50/60P Upgrade
    It was brought to my attention elsewhere by a current AF100 user that they wanted to purchase the upgrade but it was no longer available anywhere. I am currently talking to Panasonic about this.

Cheers
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah this was discussed over at PV a while back, as a discontinued camera it would be nice if Panasonic provided the upgrade as a giveaway to those still shooting , I have 2 x AF100's I continue to use on lower budget projects, events etc
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Unlikely for a freebie for a discontinued camera... but that would be really nice if that happens. I'm still seeing AF100's out in the wild.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TubEfingers View Post
    Yeah this was discussed over at PV a while back, as a discontinued camera it would be nice if Panasonic provided the upgrade as a giveaway to those still shooting , I have 2 x AF100's I continue to use on lower budget projects, events etc
    This, not just AF100 but I wish in general that once a camera reaches EOL that the company would then give away any upgrades etc for it.

For instance give away the RGB upgrade for the Sony F3

Or remote the limitation on 3rd party CF cards for the RED ONE and let the user risk anything they wish

Etc etc
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Keep us updated. It's ridiculous that these seem to be made to order, which only makes finding upgrades even more impossible (if that makes any sense).

6. Collapse Details
    Any news on the upgrade?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    This, not just AF100 but I wish in general that once a camera reaches EOL that the company would then give away any upgrades etc for it.

For instance give away the RGB upgrade for the Sony F3

Or remote the limitation on 3rd party CF cards for the RED ONE and let the user risk anything they wish

Etc etc
    Agreed and agreed! They probably would do that. If only people were not stupid enough to keep buying everything new they release, and would call them out on the bad moves they do. Like these bloggers, who have the chance to ask the hard questions to Panasonic and Sony in trade shows, but instead just lick them up and down.

I'm so glad I got out of the AF100 thing before it became worth as much as a bag of chips. I also never invested in m43 lenses. I went with PL adapters, so I didn't lose much. But Panasonic dropping the M43 system after only one camera sucks for people who invested heavily in it. At least people have the GH5 if they want to insist in M43. But that's just a photo camera.

And don't even get me started on Sony! Betraying all the people who invested in their F3, F35, F65. Of course, let's not forget the F5-F55 fiasco and the FS7-F5 fiasco.

8. Collapse Details
    I've just posted about this to Mitch on the EVA1 FB page - don't know whats involved in making it happen but as mentioned in the post I made - it would be a fantastic show of goodwill to the AF100 community who still use the camera, I have 2 x AF101's that still get used for event type productions, doesn't feel like this cam ever got chance to live up to its true potential, I get great images with the Voigtlander Primes and Olympus Zooms
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TubEfingers View Post
    I've just posted about this to Mitch on the EVA1 FB page
    So is that where everything has gone? Facebook? This is why the forums are slower and slower here? And why we don't see Mitch around here that often anymore? How can people keep track of conversations on FB? Everything is so spread out. Probably different groups for each camera, no crossing over, no general talks. I don't get it. I can see the advantage for the manufacturer from a marketing side. But for users a forum is much more useful. Unless I'm missing a huge picture here.

10. Collapse Details
    Its not an official FB page - user moderated, I post across both DVXuser and FB
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast